Wolf MK II Ver 3.3

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Wolf MK II Ver 3.3

Post by Ark »

I have updated the wiki page of this oxp with the latest version made by murgh back at 2006 just before oosat2 crash.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Wolf_Mk.2_%28Oolite%29

It seems that this version has significant improvements to the models and textures of the variants of wolf MKII, also murgh tried to rebalance the ships in order to be less game breaking. Too bad it was lost for too many years
From the readme file

Code: Select all

Oolite OXP
xships. 3.3
murgh
july 18, 2006
version 3
added shipdata frequency odds (less frequent)
modernized into the like_ship routine
slight tweak to the skins
v3.1
"matured" the stats..
	slightly less speed
	slightly worse pitch
	less energy (was monstrous)
v3.2 
sees small adjustments to the placement of cargo eject positions..
v3.3
the W2 and W2SE remodeled and reskinned
added 8 custom_views
rusty W2 limited to lo-tech space, W2SE to hi-tech..
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

I think i will install it but alter the speed so that its faster than the 0.4ls of the mark 1
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
Davidtq
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Davidtq »

Thanks for that, that wolf mk 2 looks WAY better than the one I had installed :D, I think it might be time to think again about a wolf now :D
Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sendraks »

Rustybolts wrote:
I think i will install it but alter the speed so that its faster than the 0.4ls of the mark 1
How is this done? I've read the wiki, installed Vim, fiddled around with the stats for the Wolk MKII SE's speed and nothing seems to change in game. The shipdata plist I edited definitely lists the speed for the ship as 390 (a modest change, but I thought the SE should be slightly faster than the standard issue), but nothing seems to have changed in game.

I'm coming to this very cold, so appreciate any advice as to what it is I've done wrong.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Sendraks wrote:
Rustybolts wrote:
How is this done? I've read the wiki, installed Vim, fiddled around with the stats for the Wolk MKII SE's speed and nothing seems to change in game. The shipdata plist I edited definitely lists the speed for the ship as 390 (a modest change, but I thought the SE should be slightly faster than the standard issue), but nothing seems to have changed in game.

I'm coming to this very cold, so appreciate any advice as to what it is I've done wrong.
Have you held the shift key down when you've restarted Oolite (from the moment you click the icon until the spinning Cobra appears) - otherwise IIRC the cache isn't flushed because the name of the oxp hasn't changed and Oolite will continue with the old version, oblivious to your change.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sendraks »

Aha! I thought I'd done that but evidently didn't press down shift soon enough. Cheers!
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

I think we need Griff to work on this model as well so that all old Wolf lovers will finally get the ship of their dreams... :)