Have a good weekend all

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Have a good weekend all

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I will be unshackled from the welcome and comforting chains of the internet for a whole weekend. No laptop, nothing (well my SE Walkman phone but that's it).

Camping on my own (with several thousand other people but they're not in my tent) for the Renault World Series at Silverstone.

Aegidian will hold fourth place for a little longer in the top posters - given most of my posts are noise it feels a little odd to have reached such exalted company...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Had a fab weekend. Have decided that while its certainly atmospheric trackside and in the stands car racing is still fairly dull, especially open wheeled (such as Renault 3.5 and 2.0 World Series) - 5 seconds of zooom-zoom-zoom and then 1min 30s waiting for it to happen again. :wink: The Megane's (in name only!) and Clio's (slightly less in name only) were much more enjoyable - slower so you saw them for longer (but they took longer to come round again) but lots of nudging and rubbing and using each other as extra braking on occasion (I was at Copse Corner) - one of the Megane's managed to do a full 360 at 120mph and kept going only losing one place!

I wish I had a better camera - my 5MP point and click digital isn't very good and I did get lots of pictures of empty or near empty track - but then again it did survive a fall from 30ft up when I pulled my hat out of my backpack and the camera came out with it - falling from the top deck of the grandstand to the tarmac below - when I retrieved it all that had happened is that it had a scuffed carry cover, a tiny dent and the SD card had been knocked loose. Phew.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CptnEcho »

Glad you and your equipment survived the adventure nicely. 8)

I was away from my computer as well. :)
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers