New and FAQ threads.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

junglist_grans
Poor
Poor

New and FAQ threads.

Post by junglist_grans »

Been searching around as I don't want to keep asking questions you've heard a thousand times but as you don't have a FAQ thread it's a bit tricky.

I won't ask my first question - any plans to make this game multiple player as I found that one. :)

I'm still at a total loss as to which OXP's to download - wish some of them were combined into big packs.

Is docking harder than on elite? or am I just very rusty? also missiles can you still shoot the buggers down?

Do you need an oxp to be able to buy new ships what number button would that correspond to?

One last question (for now) can I change the key configeration?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: New and FAQ threads.

Post by Thargoid »

junglist_grans wrote:
I'm still at a total loss as to which OXP's to download - wish some of them were combined into big packs.
The ship (and some equipment ones) have been. Look up Realistic Shipyards, or probably better it's successor Oolite Shipyard Extension (OSE), currently in beta. Some people like the bulk packs, some prefer the flexibility to pick and choose. It's also a matter of personal taste, and also what your machine will actually support (especially in terms of graphics and shaders).
junglist_grans wrote:
Is docking harder than on elite? or am I just very rusty? also missiles can you still shoot the buggers down?
It's easier, as you have the nav-buoy there to help you now. Plus the frame-rate and controls are much better in Oolite than Elite. So you're just rusty I guess.

For missiles, yes you can shoot them, or ECM them, or use a cloaking device if you play long enough and get one, or use my AMS system, or just hit the fuel injectors and run away.

junglist_grans wrote:
Do you need an oxp to be able to buy new ships what number button would that correspond to?
Nope, at a suitable tech level system (higher the better in terms of choice), when docked press F3 to go to the equipment screen. Then press F3 again to go to the shipyard screen. You can do this at main stations, and certain other places depending on what OXPs you have in.

The range of ships available to you will depend on whether you have ship OXPs installed or not, but even with the basic trunk you can get a fairly interesting range of ships.

junglist_grans wrote:
One last question (for now) can I change the key configeration?
Yes, you need to make adjustments to keyconfig.plist. Look it up in the wiki or the search here, as it's quite a common question.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: New and FAQ threads.

Post by JensAyton »

junglist_grans wrote:
Been searching around as I don't want to keep asking questions you've heard a thousand times but as you don't have a FAQ thread it's a bit tricky.
The FAQ lives here, as specified in the sticky FAQ thread which apparently doesn’t exist. :-)
junglist_grans
Poor
Poor

Post by junglist_grans »

Cheers. Realised that I'm an idiot and there is a FAQ on the wiki page :oops:
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Never mind. Keep asking questions. We're al learning and besides this is the friendliest board in the Ooniverse.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

pagroove wrote:
Never mind. Keep asking questions. We're al learning and besides this is the friendliest board in the Ooniverse.
Actually he speaks the truth. I have not seen any nasty comments yet.
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Rustybolts wrote:
pagroove wrote:
And hopefully you never will.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Rustybolts wrote:
pagroove wrote:
And hopefully you never will.
And most likely never will. Out of all the boards I've been on over the years, this is the most polite, civil, and courteous board I've ever seen.
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die tomorrow