Trunk: entity is not in the zero distance sorted list

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Trunk: entity is not in the zero distance sorted list

Post by Screet »

Hi,

after destroying another thargoid hive I got this error message:

Code: Select all

[general.error.inconsistentState]: DEBUG: Universe removeEntity:<ShipEntity 0xabe7170>{"Metal fragment" ID: 0 position: (0.002231, 0.001937, 300000) scanClass: CLASS_CARGO status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT} ENTITY IS NOT IN THE RIGHT PLACE IN THE ZERO_DISTANCE SORTED LIST -- FIXING...
[general.error.inconsistentState]: DEBUG: Universe removeEntity:<ShipEntity 0xabe7170>{"Metal fragment" ID: 0 position: (0.002231, 0.001937, 300000) scanClass: CLASS_CARGO status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT} ENTITY IS NOT IN THE ZERO_DISTANCE SORTED LIST -- CONTINUING...
I recently got the same message (never saw it before today) when I tried the fuel pod with a ship that had a typo in it's eject position, leading to the result of those tanks being unusable.

I can't say for sure that it's from the hive or some other ship around it, though...any ideas?

Screet
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

i got this once... I exploded planet sized model by spawning it inside another planet or a sun. lots of fireworks, and it made lot of alloys.. like all large models do when they die...

However... I think that error is thrown when there is to many objects, in my case it was to many alloys...

its defined like this un universe.h

Entity					*sortedEntities[UNIVERSE_MAX_ENTITIES];
and

#define	UNIVERSE_MAX_ENTITIES				2048
My bet... you simply has to much going on...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935