Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Sung's Detailed Textures working link?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cmdr Pavel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Cmdr Pavel »

The link to the web page on the wiki doesn't show a download.
No Job Too Tough....No Fee Too High
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Strange ... but, as I do host them for him, here's a direct link:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/9cwp2jk84o.zip

Also, they are included in Realistic Shipyards, download link to that is available on the page my signature leads to.

Have fun 8)

L
Cmdr Pavel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Cmdr Pavel »

No Job Too Tough....No Fee Too High
Vajo
Competent
Competent

Post by Vajo »

Lestradae, do you have contact to him? Whats about with the game that shown on the website?
Beam me up!
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi Vajo,

I don't have a lot of contact with him, just as much as nescessary for me hosting his textures. He would have taken them down as he didn't have a site with the nescessary bandwidth, so I jumped in and offered mine so as to save this commodity for the Oolite community.

So I also know nothing about the game he is supposedly working on - I suggest just writing to him via the email on his page, he is usually quite amiable if contacted nicely.

Cheers

L
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ...

Post by ClymAngus »

Lestradae wrote:
Hi Vajo,

I don't have a lot of contact with him, just as much as nescessary for me hosting his textures. He would have taken them down as he didn't have a site with the nescessary bandwidth, so I jumped in and offered mine so as to save this commodity for the Oolite community.

So I also know nothing about the game he is supposedly working on - I suggest just writing to him via the email on his page, he is usually quite amiable if contacted nicely.

Cheers

L
I know he did have an issue with people adapting his textures. Which is fair enough. It is his work after all. Although I think if everyone knew that from the beginning it would have caused less of a nasty surprise and less of a backlash. He does do really nice plate work however maybe he could be convinced to write a tutorial on the subject.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

ClymAngus wrote:
Lestradae wrote:
Hi Vajo,

Cheers

L
I know he did have an issue with people adapting his textures. Which is fair enough. It is his work after all. Although I think if everyone knew that from the beginning it would have caused less of a nasty surprise and less of a backlash. He does do really nice plate work however maybe he could be convinced to write a tutorial on the subject.
Ah, the dark days of the Sung's Textures Incident - not a pleasant time on this forum - personally I thought his attitude sucked - blatant self promotion for his own work and nothing more. He's not missed, his work from that time has been superseded ten-fold by some of the guys here.

Can we let this thread slip back into obscurity now - I won't be posting again on it lest I undo my own hopes...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
ClymAngus wrote:
Lestradae wrote:
Hi Vajo,

Cheers

L
Ah, the dark days of the Sung's Textures Incident - not a pleasant time on this forum - personally I thought his attitude sucked - blatant self promotion for his own work and nothing more. He's not missed, his work from that time has been superseded ten-fold by some of the guys here.

Can we let this thread slip back into obscurity now - I won't be posting again on it lest I undo my own hopes...

MMM I still use his textures for the basic ship set. They are quite good. But that's gonna change because Deepspace's textures looks even greater :)
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

I agree, I'm really liking the look of Deepspace's new textures. They'll make a great replacement pack.