The HUD-shop

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Maybe L could help there - in OSE he does exactly that: override the original hud.
Yes, Sir!

Instructions for a working installation of a new default hud with Oolite oxp-less or Realistic Shipyards or OSE (if you don't want the DeepSpaceHud as default) or any other HUD oxp:

1. Take out any other HUD oxps you might have (except RS/OSE, obviously!)

2. Create an oxp folder termed "ZZZZZ-MyNewHud.oxp" or somesuch. NOTE: The five (not one, not two, not three, not four :P ) Z's are nescessary if you have RS or OSE in to overwrite this one's settings. Keep in mind your ZZZZZ HUD will also overwrite the HUD if a special ship has a HUD of its own, though! (Like the Falcon i.e., etc.)

3. Put the Config folder and the Images folder of the HUD you want to use into your "ZZZZZ-MyNewHud.oxp" folder.

4. If the plist in the Config folder has any other name, rename it to: hud.plist

5. Check: The "ZZZZZ-MyNewHud.oxp" has to reside in your AddOns folder!

6. Don't forget to hold SHIFT down when you start your game next time so that Oolite recognises and implements your changes.

7. Have fun with your new hud!

Hope that helps

L
DeepSpace
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DeepSpace »

@Screet Some nice suggestions there. For now the HUD will remain as is, as I'm getting the Deepspace Ship/Stations skins Pack finished. :wink:

Some people definately like the bigger scanner and your suggestion of moving the 'monitors' around makes sense if you want a bigger Scanner.
Hmmm, I'll definately consider a BIG BOY Hud update for you guys out there. :lol: Once the 'Ships' OXP is finished.

Thanks for the feedback.
http://www.jblythe.f9.co.uk/oolite

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back it time of Breakfast!"
KEE
Above Average
Above Average

Post by KEE »

ok im missing the hud surroundings. i just getting the radar and redicule for deepspacehud found here http://www.jblythe.f9.co.uk/oolite/

what do i do?Image
the only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is
incoming friendly fire.
KEE
Above Average
Above Average

Post by KEE »

anyone visits this site??!?
incoming friendly fire.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Yeah, the only reason we're being quiet is because we don't know any solution to your problem, perhaps you should contact Deepspace?
KEE
Above Average
Above Average

Post by KEE »

ADCK wrote:
Yeah, the only reason we're being quiet is because we don't know any solution to your problem, perhaps you should contact Deepspace?
mmm well im using 10.04 could that be the problem?
incoming friendly fire.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

KEE wrote:
10.04 of what?

I noticed you're using an older version of Oolite as well (1.73) 1.74 is out now at: http://www.oolite.org/download.shtml
(Although I don't think that will fix your problem)
KEE
Above Average
Above Average

Post by KEE »

ADCK wrote:
KEE wrote:
10.04 of what?

I noticed you're using an older version of Oolite as well (1.73) 1.74 is out now at: http://www.oolite.org/download.shtml
(Although I don't think that will fix your problem)
1.74 dont work with 10.04 ...i dont i get an error after $make -f Makefile release
incoming friendly fire.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

again, 10.04 of what? for all I know you're talking about the 10.04 version of your socks! Please provide more info, a transcript of your log would help too.
KEE
Above Average
Above Average

Post by KEE »

ADCK wrote:
again, 10.04 of what? for all I know you're talking about the 10.04 version of your socks! Please provide more info, a transcript of your log would help too.
weird, anyway 10.04 lucid. thought everyone knows that...

Code: Select all

$cd ~/1.74-maintenance
:~/1.74-maintenance# make -f Makefile release
make -f GNUmakefile debug=no
make[1]: Entering directory `~/1.74-maintenance'
GNUmakefile:1: /common.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:284: /objc.make: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/objc.make'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `~/1.74-maintenance'
make: *** [release] Error 2 
incoming friendly fire.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Oh Linux :roll:

Maybe someone else who uses Linux can help you.
KEE
Above Average
Above Average

Post by KEE »

ADCK wrote:
Oh Linux :roll:

Maybe someone else who uses Linux can help you.
O ok, anyway to me its looks like its missing some files to install, or its done a different way thats not posted on this site yet...i couldnt find a howto here though
incoming friendly fire.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

ya i know nothing about linux, so i cant help you about that.

As for the hud on 1.73, can you post your log located in 'C:\Oolite\oolite.app\Logs' (or whatever the linux equivenlant is)
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

KEE wrote:
anyone visits this site??!?
Please be advised that the vast majority of active people on this board live in the British and Central European time zones. (Including, by the looks of the url, the author of the HUD that's giving you trouble.)
At 11:24pm/12:24am on a Friday night, response time might not be the fastest.

I've no experience with Oolite on Linux, so I've really no clue what the trouble could be.

One small thing you could test is installing one of the other custom HUDs out there. That would help determine if the problem is related specifically to DeepSpace HUD or if it's a more general issue.
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

KEE, there is a problem with the GNUStep library released with lucid(1.19 something, a non-stable branch which was nonetheless adopted for LTS): the parsing of XML plists with that version of GNUStep is (partially) broken.

If you install the autopackage .package instead of building Oolite yourself all will be OK (almost - you might need to install pulseaudio as well..): the autopackage does include its own - unbroken - version of the relevant libraries.

There's a longish thread in the linux forum dedicated specifically to this problem, you might want to read it all! :)

Any OXP that uses XML (<key>something</key><string>Blah</string>)inside the .plist is potentially half unreadable by GNUStep 1.19.

Any OXP using openstep (something = "Blah"; ) in its .plists - and Oolite internal resources, which are all in openstep since 1.74 -, will be still read ok even by the broken libraries released with lucid.
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)