Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Which way to Witchspace?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Commander McLane wrote:
Or do you think Hesperus invented the Church of Giles the Creator (CGC) here on the spot?
<sotto voce>
Shhhh, I'm onto a good gig here. Don't blow it for me.....
</sotto voce>

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

I wouldn't be surprised, but it would probably take more than a parking meter and a ton of luxuries to fool us...
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Which already exists for ages. Or do you think Hesperus invented the Church of Giles the Creator (CGC) here on the spot?
Can't remember all the OXP's I have downloaded and installed (Yes, got it). But considering we now have, Commies, Anarchies and soon Fudal I hope, I think there is a lot more potential in Missionaries. Would like to explore this one, but haven't written a line of code since 1997, so the only thing I can come up with are good bad ideas.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

No problem. That it already exists doesn't mean that it's a bad idea. Quite the contrary, it seems! :wink:
gogz69
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gogz69 »

Given that this thread has taken something of a theological turn, I would like the opportunity to put a question or two to our good captain.

Would you be conducting a sermon? If so, would it be a quiet, solemn affair or a joyous celebration?
The reason I ask, is, I was wondering if it would be something along the lines of this jolly fellow, as I don't think I could endure the excitement of it all. :wink:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbAikjaiiHY
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

gogz69 wrote:
Would you be conducting a sermon? If so, would it be a quiet, solemn affair or a joyous celebration?
The reason I ask, is, I was wondering if it would be something along the lines of this jolly fellow, as I don't think I could endure the excitement of it all. :wink:

Oh, no. All Church of Giles sermons are 100% Guaranteed to be HELLFIRE AND DAMNATION!!!!!!*
They rend the immortal soul of the true believer of Giles' perfect Ooniverse with imprecations of what shall happen if they succumb to the False Prophet Braben and his Brabenite scriptures. For this is the <key>true</key> to the gates of Ootopia, Giles' perfect afterlife when we all have to 'Press Space, Commander.'

Captain Hesperus
*Hellfire and Damnation is only guaranteed between the times of 0000 and 0001 GalStandard Time inclusive, all other times are exempt from this guarantee.
The truth, revealed!!
gogz69
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gogz69 »

Of course.

Thank you for the enlightenment.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
gogz69 wrote:

Oh, no. All Church of Giles sermons are 100% Guaranteed to be HELLFIRE AND DAMNATION!!!!!!*
They rend the immortal soul of the true believer of Giles' perfect Ooniverse with imprecations of what shall happen if they succumb to the False Prophet Braben and his Brabenite scriptures. For this is the <key>true</key> to the gates of Ootopia, Giles' perfect afterlife when we all have to 'Press Space, Commander.'

Captain Hesperus
*Hellfire and Damnation is only guaranteed between the times of 0000 and 0001 GalStandard Time inclusive, all other times are exempt from this guarantee.
I move that henceforth he should be known as Reverend Hesperus, anointed High Priest of the Cult of Lord Giles the Golden. :)
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

That teeny-tiny print o'Cap'n H - gives you some leeway on delivery of that threat promise
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here