"Missile detonation caused failure of ECM" without

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

"Missile detonation caused failure of ECM" without

Post by Screet »

Hi,

today I got the message "WARNING: Missile detonation caused failure of ECM system" twice - and both times there were no missiles being fired/detonating! Furthermore, one time there wasn't even a fight going on. What's happening?

Screet
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

...and now, while flying with torus drive enabled, ECM still unrepaired, I got:

"WARNING: Missile detonation did cause failure of Witchdrive fuel injectors"

What is this stuff? There's been clear sky and ghost missiles blow my ship's equipment apart, item by item?!?

Screet
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Screet wrote:
"WARNING: Missile detonation did cause failure of Witchdrive fuel injectors"
I suspect that it is a ship.script using the player.ship to broadcasts things with player.commsMessage("xxx"). When using the player to broadcast, the player will get this messages even when two NPC ships fight a battle at the other side of the galaxy.

Since 1.72 the ship can do the broadcasting itself. Try to identify the oxp that does this and warn the author about it that his code should be changed. Probably will this massage also leave a trace in the log about player has to be changed into player.ship. (But in this case change player into this.ship)
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Eric Walch wrote:
I suspect that it is a ship.script using the player.ship to broadcasts things with player.commsMessage("xxx"). When using the player to broadcast, the player will get this messages even when two NPC ships fight a battle at the other side of the galaxy.

Since 1.72 the ship can do the broadcasting itself. Try to identify the oxp that does this and warn the author about it that his code should be changed. Probably will this massage also leave a trace in the log about player has to be changed into player.ship. (But in this case change player into this.ship)
Either there was no log entry from it, or I had one more restart than I do remember since then...as even the previous log is empty.

I only got messages about hitting "slow path" a few times, whatever that is...and apparently I do have something installed that from time to time complains about missing YAH...but not this time and the log's pretty clean.

I do remember seeing that on-screen message yesterday, as it confused me then, too, as there was no missile hit, but I was in combat at the time.

My recent additions are:
griff_ships_remixed
Cargo_wrecks_teaser
att1
AAACrooks
Aquatics 1.03
UPS-courier v1.5.0
RandomHits275 which is from today and thus should not be the source

I had some good luck, though: I got all UPS missions so far on the same route that I was required to travel for some navy action ;)

Screet
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Eric Walch wrote:
Probably will this massage also leave a trace in the log about player has to be changed into player.ship. (But in this case change player into this.ship)
I just had it again...in the worst of moments: navy fleet action vs. thargoids...me riding on injectors ahead, launching head-on a cascade missile at close range. I run...switch for backwards view to have a nice look at 50+ ships creating spheres..."Fuel Injectors damaged" without anything hitting me. Luckily I was far enough, continuing with normal speed. The explosions came VERY close, but I survived it...and even was able to use the torus drive to get back towards the fleet, intercepting the only remaining invader. Well...better I launch the cascade than they do :twisted: I even got enough kills from this: elite

Thargoid-Minesweepers next? ;)

I checked the log for interesting stuff, but it appears that whatever causes these damages to my ship is not writing to the log.

Code: Select all

[shipRegistry.selection.profile]: Hit slow path in ship selection for role "buoy-witchpoint", having selected ship "ezra-ad". Now 20 of 588 on slow path (3.401361%).
[ship.subentity.sanityCheck.failed.details]: Attempt to set subentity taking damage of <ShipEntity 0x19659db0>{"Thargoid Warship"} to <ShipEntity 0x23df8da8>{"Asteroid" ID: 0 position: (0, 0, 0) scanClass: CLASS_ROCK status: STATUS_INACTIVE}, which is not a subentity.
[ship.subentity.sanityCheck.failed.details]: Attempt to set subentity taking damage of <ShipEntity 0x19642378>{"Sentinel Satellite"} to <ShipEntity 0x1e3e06a8>{"Error: Sub-Entry in the wrong role!" ID: 0 position: (0, 0, 0) scanClass: CLASS_NOT_SET status: STATUS_INACTIVE}, which is not a subentity.
[ship.subentity.sanityCheck.failed.details]: Attempt to set subentity taking damage of <ShipEntity 0x19642378>{"Sentinel Satellite"} to <ShipEntity 0x1e3e06a8>{"Error: Sub-Entry in the wrong role!" ID: 0 position: (0, 0, 0) scanClass: CLASS_NOT_SET status: STATUS_INACTIVE}, which is not a subentity.
[script.debug.onOff]: SCRIPT debug messages ON
[script.debug.note.awardCargo]: Going to award cargo: 1 x 'Furs'
[script.debug.onOff]: SCRIPT debug messages OFF
[method.undead]: Believed-dead method -[ShipEntity setSuppressExplosion:] called.
[script.debug.onOff]: SCRIPT debug messages ON
[script.debug.note.awardCargo]: Going to award cargo: 1 x 'Furs'
[script.debug.onOff]: SCRIPT debug messages OFF
[dataCache.willWrite]: About to write data cache.
[dataCache.write.success]: Wrote data cache.
[dataCache.willWrite]: About to write data cache.
[dataCache.write.success]: Wrote data cache.
[shipRegistry.selection.profile]: Hit slow path in ship selection for role "buoy-witchpoint", having selected ship "playfair-ad". Now 30 of 1350 on slow path (2.222222%).
[script.debug.syntax.addShips]: SCRIPT ERROR in "seccom_station" ***** CANNOT 'addShipsWithinRadius: galnav-thargcruiser 10 1 wpu 0 0 -0.15 5000' (expected <role> <count> <coordinate-system> <x> <y> <z> <radius>))
[shipRegistry.selection.profile]: Hit slow path in ship selection for role "rockhermit", having selected ship "astromine". Now 40 of 1793 on slow path (2.230898%).
Still a few things from other oxps in there. Navy stuff has already been reported via pm, same for thargoid warship.

Screet
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

This is a problem with the script for the Violet Fax override missile in the Missiles & Bombs OXP, which I am in the process of fixing.

To do a quick and easy temporary fix, go into the the shipdata.plist and change the secondary role of the missile to read 'missile(0)', which should stop NPCs from using it.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Ramirez wrote:
This is a problem with the script for the Violet Fax override missile in the Missiles & Bombs OXP, which I am in the process of fixing.

To do a quick and easy temporary fix, go into the the shipdata.plist and change the secondary role of the missile to read 'missile(0)', which should stop NPCs from using it.
Thank you very much! Both for this tip and for the oxp - I like it! I fail to understand yet, why I could have that oxp in for such a long time without any problems and then, after installing other oxp's, I got that message very often - without being in a fight. As if some other oxp influenced the likelihood of it appearing. Was that originial value a 15% chance or a 0.15% chance that it's being used by NPCs?

Anyway, sometimes it seems I get very strange random results on this machine...

Screet, who has killed several ships by using ECM against their missiles....