Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

renegade

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

bdug
Above Average
Above Average

renegade

Post by bdug »

I noticed a bug with renegade pirates and with all ships having several lasers.
If a renegarde pirate is in front of me firing at me then my AFT shield is damaged (and not the forward one) (?!)
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: renegade

Post by Screet »

bdug wrote:
I noticed a bug with renegade pirates and with all ships having several lasers.
If a renegarde pirate is in front of me firing at me then my AFT shield is damaged (and not the forward one) (?!)
I had a similar experience while flying a Dredger Trader - and it became so annoying that I did switch to another ship as soon as possible.

It appears though, that this is not a bug, but a problem of flying big ships...

Screet
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

...and it just gets more likely with the excentric lasers in sub-entities. A Hydra (another ship with many sub-entity lasers) may fire a whole array of beams at you, effectively surrounding your ship. So the beams may hit just the tips of your hull around you, effectively reaching the hind parts of your ship.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Commander McLane wrote:
...and it just gets more likely with the excentric lasers in sub-entities. A Hydra (another ship with many sub-entity lasers) may fire a whole array of beams at you, effectively surrounding your ship. So the beams may hit just the tips of your hull around you, effectively reaching the hind parts of your ship.
Yes, and concerning the Merlin, they fire around without hitting ;) Switching to a larger ship and encountering a Hydra was very different, but at least those lasers can be shot off very quickly. I did not manage to understand how these laser-pods can be scooped for tons of firearms, though...as if there would exist giants who could wield such a pod.

Screet