Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Almost a Pro at this (Not)

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

toxitalk
Average
Average

Almost a Pro at this (Not)

Post by toxitalk »

My first taste of Elite was back in the Amiga day and back then I played it for weeks at a time, and of course went on to play Frontier and Frontier FI.

Later on I play X Beyond the Frontier and due to the laptop I had later on I went on to Freelancer.

When I first found out about Oolite it was a few years ago and I always thought it was top. Although I found the combat not as good as in Freelancer.

Anyway finally got round to playing a proper game with 1.73, all I can say is wow.

Im doing something I never used to do as well which is cool, namely exploring, I have even made myself a quick reference table to highlight what to by on what sort of planet (I.E. whats cheap on an ag planet and what is cheap on an ind)

I now have a docking computer and thing have speeded up alot.

Thanks to all who have made this game, its simply the best.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I echo your sentiments - and I started in 1985 on the C64 version! And thanks to Ahruman and the rest of the gods in the dev team its getting faster and requiring less powerful machines as the versions creep up - unheard of!

And thanks to some genious OXPers it gets prettier, sounds better and has more depth and story everytime I log on to the forum.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Almost a Pro at this (Not)

Post by Commander McLane »

toxitalk wrote:
Im doing something I never used to do as well which is cool, namely exploring, I have even made myself a quick reference table to highlight what to by on what sort of planet (I.E. whats cheap on an ag planet and what is cheap on an ind)
You might want to use the table of average values and possible profits Eric has already made. No need to re-invent the wheel.