external veiws

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

steviel
Poor
Poor

external veiws

Post by steviel »

how can you get external veiws from your ship? not the forward, port ect like an external camera veiw are there any mods that can be downloaded?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi steviel, and first of all welcome to the boards, and of course to this great game! :D

To your question: it depends on which ship you are flying. All the original (built-in) ships already have external views. They are activated with 'V', pressing 'V' repeatedly toggles between the various views.

This works for OXP-ships as well, if they have external views defined. If not, you have to make a small modification to the ship's code. Don't panic, it's quite easy and I'll explain it to you step-by-step.

By the way: General information on the game functionality and what key does what can be found in the ReadMe-file, which is conveniently placed right next to the game itself in the main Oolite-folder of your download. :wink:

There are also a lot of infos and explanations in the Oolite-section of the Elite-Wiki. Good starting points are the Oolite Instruction Manual and the Frequently Asked Questions. From there you will find your way through the links.