What ship you fly now..

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Sarin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

What ship you fly now..

Post by Sarin »

..and what ship(s) you want? And eventually comments on other ships from Oolite Ooniverse...

(because I really miss here this kind of spamming thread :D )

So...right now, because I recently started again, I fly Lamda Shuttle. Not much of a fighter, but with beam laser I installed I can defend myself at least against some pirates. 90t space is best I can get for those money, enough for some trading and mining.

I recently hacked one of my previous screwed up saves and gave myself enough to buy any ship...and as I tested various ships, I came across Kestrel...and I love its speed and maneuverability, while it keeps enough shields and energy banks for serious fighting...definitely gonna get it when I have the money.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

I fly a PPC named "The Graceful Sofia". Nice shields, a max of 160 tons, Can fight, trade, just, anything.... I think I might get A Imperial Carrier, navy addition, But I just don't know... The navy addition is the more uber version, but the author took it down and made it less uber, so... I mean, I, Darth neblin, will fly one and lead more to take (I think) Griffs asteroids, or destroy them! Then, I will take or destroy the lave system, making galcop work for the emperor, then go to Orerve, kill all related to my slave owner, Ponchogram Erie, kill commander It innn Inso, who was the renegade Fer-de-Lance pilot who I stumbled into in riedquat station, and sold me as a slave. I will kill them all with the same worm keys that I used to kill my slave master. Long live the Duval Empire!

Darth Neblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

currently flying a navy-mod imperial courier. i've tried a few other ships, but this one seems the best mix for me.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Nothing better than my Imperial Courier. Actually it's sort of a hybrid between the first and second version. And not many people who saw it appear behind them out of nothing like a hungry vulture, live to tell the tale. :twisted:
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

I think many of you could guess what my current ship is... I put together an Imperial Courier OXP for a reason, you know...so I could fly one! I've always loved the Imperial Courier, so I have to class that as my favourite ship to fly in Oolite as well as in Frontier.

If I'm having a few small-time jaunts around the local systems there's nothing I like more than the Adder. It's fast, it's maneouverable and it has just enough cargo space to make a bit of a profit on the way. Slap a military laser in it and it'll hold its own against the baddies.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Cobra Mark III. Forever.
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Was the Imperial Courier, but now smitten with my Mk1 Vampire...

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

The Radio Maru, a Wolf Mark II Special Edition. Tough, fast, hard to hit, with 20 tons of space to fill with loot from pirate ships...
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Ha ha I fly a coba MK1 :oops:
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Boa for the cash, it looks like a flying turd though, as for the ship I want. Well that's still on the drawing board. Well kind of on the drawing board, more off than on and scedualling sea trials in the near future.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

another_commander wrote:
Cobra Mark III. Forever.
Heh. Most of my flight hours are logged as a fresh-faced young Jameson with no kills and a Cobra 3 on which various upgrades mysteriously appear while it’s standing in the launch bay. I’m not sure how I managed before the cheat debug console…
Micha
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Micha »

Call me old-fashioned, but I still like my CobbyIII.
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
chomann
Above Average
Above Average

hmm

Post by chomann »

right now im in the mark 3 (with hi textures though)... as for the ship i want I am creating it. The serenity from firefly, it will cost tons but its about getting it in the end. I refuse to edit my main Commander ashby save file i use a seperate one for trials! so i am at the moment working on creating my dream ship that will take forever to acquire but its all about having the option...and it will be far from "uber" just like the real serenity moderate cargo, fast ship, moderate defense moderate offense its about balances...
"To boldly go where no man has gone before, and drop off my Trumbles." ~ Ashby
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Used to be Boa Class Cruiser....

Now its classified prototype named

Miniopterus
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

@chomann - Serenity had no offensive weaponry that's why they needed to strap the Shepherd's gun turret to the top in the Film. In fact in the episode Shindig isn't the lack of weaponry mentioned specifically when Wash says the bar brawlers were too stupid to realise they there weren't any guns pointing at them?

So your Firefly will have to be a substantial upgrade...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here