Missile Rack OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Missile Rack OXP

Post by Thargoid »

Based on the discussion in this thread, the weapon scientists at the Aquarian Shipbuilding Corp have produced prototype missile racks.

These take up a single weapons pylon each, and carry three mini-missiles. Each are independently fired like normal missiles, but due to their reduced size carry a smaller warhead, fuel reserve and propulsion system. They are still however quite capable of deliverying a significant blow to a hostile ship.

They are available in two variants, one with standard missiles and the other more advanced once which are ECM-hardened.

== Click here to download Armoury OXP, which now includes the Missile Rack ==
Last edited by Thargoid on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

A minor thing: please add “is_template = true;” to missileRack_baseMissile to avoid generating a (harmless) error in 1.72 and onward.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Ahruman wrote:
A minor thing: please add “is_template = true;” to missileRack_baseMissile to avoid generating a (harmless) error in 1.72 and onward.
The code for this (and others of my) OXP is going to need reviewing and updating with 1.72 anyway, if for nothing else than player --> player.ship. So I'll add this onto the to-do list and update it then when 1.72 is "released properly"...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, after some tweaking, a v1.72 compatible version of Missile Rack is now available from here, or via my wiki page (link below).
Ahruman wrote:
Sadly no I can't. If I do the OXP breaks (I don't get a harmless error, but whilst the missile racks appear in the equipment marketplace list, you can't buy them), and I get the log errors below when you try to purchase them (below is trying to buy one of each). If I pull the line out and just give models and roles to everything (template ship and the actual in-game like_ship variants) then it works...

Code: Select all

[equip.buy.mounted.failed]: Could not find ship for mounted weapon role EQ_IRACK_3_MISSILE
[equip.buy.mounted.failed]: Could not find ship for mounted weapon role EQ_NRACK_3_MISSILE
[equip.buy.mounted.failed]: Could not find ship for mounted weapon role EQ_HRACK_3_MISSILE