Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

A happy sight on a Wednesday AM

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

*cat
Dangerous
Dangerous

A happy sight on a Wednesday AM

Post by *cat »

... A Black Monk ship who'd accidentally fired on a Navy ship: there were about 10 of them, all pounding away and that money-grabbing murderer. I joined in when I could see that the Monk was in the midst of a cloud of glowing red plasma weapons and wouldn't be likely to take revenge.
Oh yes! :-)
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: A happy sight on a Wednesday AM

Post by ClymAngus »

*cat wrote:
... A Black Monk ship who'd accidentally fired on a Navy ship: there were about 10 of them, all pounding away and that money-grabbing murderer. I joined in when I could see that the Monk was in the midst of a cloud of glowing red plasma weapons and wouldn't be likely to take revenge.
Oh yes! :-)
Heart warming. I truly wish I'd been there. Should it happen again remember to pause, capture and youtube it. For the gratification of the home audience.
goran
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by goran »

Second that. I've never seen an exploding Monk (not that I didn't try). ;)
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

If you play with the Shady Version installed, the Monks are weaker than in the Original (about as tough as an Asp). They're still dangerous with the twin lasers and the plasma cannon, but not absurdly so! :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

I'v seen a monk Fire at a clean ship, the vipers that saw it blasted at it. I Think those monks are jerks, They have 3 lasers and 2 plasma turrets all firing at a poor adder.

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Should have kept up the repayments. :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

LittleBear wrote:
Should have kept up the repayments. :wink:
They should just take all of it's money but leave it with 100 cr! Little Bear, I challenge you to a Duel!

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

The Monks have a very efficent buisness model. a) Kill anyone who misses a repayment. b) Do it my the w/s beacon or station in plain view, so that other traders who might have been think of defaulting witness the consequences.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Admiring their purity aside, I'm still coding my response to the "monk issue" a project which is unimaginatively titled "Operation Viking raiding party"

Will it screw with game balance "HELL YEAH" Will it be the most satisfying ride of your life? Knee deep in gin and hookers baby!

There's only one way to deal with a monk; more guns, higher calibre, bigger shields, more missiles, faster top speed and smaller turning circle.

Oh dear, I've missed a payment........