Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Galactic Navy bugs

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Galactic Navy bugs

Post by tinker »

Just installed this OXP and immediately got some bugs.

Got the scooped a navy officer about five times in one system and also an escape pod was flying about marked as a powered ship with a bounty, the scooped a navy officer message seems to pop up randomly after scooping one. I understand from other threads this is being worked on or even solved in the next edition.

I also got this error message in stderr file

Code: Select all

2008-09-11 15:39:50.104 oolite[8638] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "behemoth-gog", but no such type could be found.
2008-09-11 15:39:50.104 oolite[8638] [universe.getShip.badReference]: Failed to construct ship dictionary for "navy-gog" -- like_ship reference to unknown ship type "behemoth-gog".
2008-09-11 15:39:50.115 oolite[8638] [script.addShips.failed]: SCRIPT ERROR in "Navy_Patrol" ***** CANNOT addShipsAtPrecisely: 'navy-behemoth 1 wpu 0 0 0.31' (should be addShipsAt: role number coordinate_system x y z)
CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

Post by CmdrLUke »

GN requires the "behemoth" OXP IIRC, that may be the source of your stderr messages.
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

Good idea, I have behemoth oxp installed, or at least I thought I did. I had unzipped the oxp but it was still in it's folder , I had forgotten to move the oxp out of the folder into AddOns, and as the folder name ended in oxp I totally missed it.

Guess it should now work Ok.