Random Hits OXP install question

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

dogeddie
Above Average
Above Average

Random Hits OXP install question

Post by dogeddie »

The second paragraph of the installation description says to hold down the Shift key while it loads up. I assume this is only when updating from a previous version of Random Hits, not a new install?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

You only need to do it on an update, but it won't do any harm if you hold it down on a new install.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Random Hits OXP install question

Post by Eric Walch »

dogeddie wrote:
The second paragraph of the installation description says to hold down the Shift key while it loads up. I assume this is only when updating from a previous version of Random Hits, not a new install?
You even don't need it on update. Oolite will recognise this. You only need it when you fiddle with the internals of an oxp. Normal users have not to worry about this.