UPS boa containers bug

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

UPS boa containers bug

Post by Lestradae »

Hi,

I just experienced a bug with UPS :(

Should bring up containers from a stolen boa, shot the boa, collected 20 or so containers which had "UPS" and some red thingie written on them, also collected the boa`s escape pod and collected one Eric Walch :)

But, back at the station, the many containers that showed up as "textiles" on my cargo bay screen, were ignored! First I get the message for 150 Cr because of saving Eric Walch, then a message that, sadly, I only shot down the boa but didn`t salvage any of its containers! Just got 150 Cr for the whole run :?

The 20t of textiles were still there to be sold ...

:?:

L
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: UPS boa containers bug

Post by Eric Walch »

Lestradae wrote:
I just experienced a bug with UPS :(

Should bring up containers from a stolen boa, shot the boa, collected 20 or so containers which had "UPS" and some red thingie written on them, also collected the boa`s escape pod ....The 20t of textiles were still there to be sold ...
Yes that was a stupid bug by me. I use the special containers for two different missions. For some reason I decided to give them a more meaningful role. But I forgot to change the reference on BOTH places. Now only the textile containers are added that are mend to distract the player from the important ones.

I discovered this bug a few days after uploading. On the wiki I immediately switched it back to the previous version. I just hoped not to many had already downloaded it. I uploaded it to soon to have a working version for the trunc users.

Good thing is that I planned to upload a fixed version next week.

EDIT:
I made a brief look in the code: for the mission counter to increase you must at last scoop one special pod. (that never was spawn). when you have a saved game, play it with the previous ups version.

The pilot you scooped can trigger an other event, later in the game. (when rescued enough). Im am just curious if anyone already got that event. It's in the code since the very first release.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi Eric,

if I install the current version of UPS and go on playing with the savefile I have now, will this work as intended?

Because, I don`t have an earlier save file I want to use to fall back on to ...
Eric Walch

Re: ...

Post by Eric Walch »

Lestradae wrote:
if I install the current version of UPS and go on playing with the savefile I have now, will this work as intended?
Sorry for the slow reaction. The error has no consequences other than that you get the result of 0 scooped ups-containers. But from the fact that you have not kept a save game I assume you did that mission often enough so even the counter not increasing will not be that important for you.

Currently I prepared UPS for the 1.72 player/player.ship splitting. On 1.71 it seems to work well. The way I did it, means that it should also run on 1.72. Still, I want to test it more thorough before I do a release as it mend a lot of changes in a lot of places.

(Depending on the version I put a local copy of "player" or "player.ship" into a new variable "this.playerShip". And from the various ship scripts I address this variable as: worldScripts["ups_container"].playerShip. It seems to work. I just have to verify I didn't miss a location. This is the easiest implementation and the easiest to remove again for a future 1.72 only version.)