Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Cody

Miangele
Above Average
Above Average

Ad Astra

Post by Miangele »

http://www.a-astra.com/screenshots/screenshots.htm

Freeware... Frontier clone, I guess, except it's got a lot of procedurally generated planets and buildings and animals and things. SORT of Noctis-like in that reguard although not as advanced. Anyway, freeware, space trading and combat elements seem good enough, and NPCs seem reasonably active. Physics is a bit wonky and you don't die from like, crashing into buildings on or the ground, but given how easy THAT was to do in FFE, I'm not sure I mind. Thoughts?
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Ad Astra

Post by Frame »

Miangele wrote:
http://www.a-astra.com/screenshots/screenshots.htm

Freeware... Frontier clone, I guess, except it's got a lot of procedurally generated planets and buildings and animals and things. SORT of Noctis-like in that reguard although not as advanced. Anyway, freeware, space trading and combat elements seem good enough, and NPCs seem reasonably active. Physics is a bit wonky and you don't die from like, crashing into buildings on or the ground, but given how easy THAT was to do in FFE, I'm not sure I mind. Thoughts?
I find its models less than impressing.. the station i was docked to, looked ok. and i dont see why most ships have to look like birds...

and their landing gear, that of birds legs/feet, i tried to do something with it... but after 20 mins of trying to steer, i gave up...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

No mac version :cry:. Maybe they will make one soon.

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
elite
Deadly
Deadly

Post by elite »

Just downoaded ths game.

I must say that I found it rather cool, but then, I am easially impressed.

Best thing is that it don't crash on my laptop and runs at 33fps in space and drops to about 25fpr when flying near a planets surace, and that is with the hi res textures, ect... turned on.

I like the idea of trading at both stations and planets and you can still make money doing the usual Elite things.

Pretty cool games.