Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

New ship data table

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

bulrush
Competent
Competent

New ship data table

Post by bulrush »

From Lestradae I have put a Ship Data table into the wiki. It compares all standard Oolite ships with all ships from all OXPs.

Here is the link:
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Ship_data_table

It is linked from the end of the "Ships and Ship Variants" section of the OXP wiki page.

Enjoy.
Thanks Lestradae.
System: Gateway GT5056, AMD dual CPU, Nvidia Geforce 8600 (unknown subtype), Win XP, 1GB RAM, color LCD monitor
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Excellent, I've copied it into excel and playing with autofilter is very illuminating. I notice however that there are no purchase prices shown for the first six ships.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Is it worth showing whether the ships are supplied as standard with the game or if they are OXP ships?
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Is it worth showing whether the ships are supplied as standard with the game or if they are OXP ships?
Imho, no 8)

But, perhaps it should be noted that this is a complete list of all PLAYABLE Oolite ships that exist to date, not ALL Oolite ships.

Just my 0.2Cr :idea:

L
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Very nice. I particularly like the "rare" "common" etc (very D&D!) :D . Maybe just some the native ship names in italics, as thats easy to do given most are OXP?
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

I particularly like the "rare" "common" etc (very D&D!)
That might not be a coincidence, as I devised this system for the Realistic Shipyards as a balancing out many ships thing ... and I happen to have 20 years of experience as a D&D player & Dungeon Master in all its three and a half incarnations ...

What the numbers mean?

Designation - Maximum Shipyard Appearance propability
Very Rare - 10%
Rare - 20%
Unusual - 40%
Common - 70%
Very Common - 90%
Standard - 100%

Happy that you like it :)

L