Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Two things I'd like

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Jar
Competent
Competent

Two things I'd like

Post by Jar »

Greetings;

1) Ablative hull armour. It costs $$ and is used up by hits. There could be several grades of it with increasing cost but longer life (perhaps linked to tech level where purchased).

2) The damage equipment displaying in a different color (red) on the status display. I miss the broken messages in fights sometimes. Stuff can be broken and I don't know it until I try to use it.

Jar
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

On 2) This is supported with 1.70 of Oolite, but not 1.65.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Two things I'd like

Post by another_commander »

Jar wrote:
The damage equipment displaying in a different color (red) on the status display. I miss the broken messages in fights sometimes. Stuff can be broken and I don't know it until I try to use it.

Jar
I bet you are using version 1.65. The damaged equipment in the newer versions is already displayed in orange color with the suffix N/A (Not Available) on the status screen.

Edit: LB is teh fastest ;-)
Jar
Competent
Competent

Post by Jar »

I checked and my version is 1.65 I wonder if the newer version will use the old game saves?

I got it from the Ubuntu reposistory.

Jar
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Save files from older versions have always worked on newer versions of the game. Currently, to avoid a known bug in 1.70, people playing that version often drop back to (e.g.) 1.68 to sell a ship with subentities, saving the game, then going back up again to 1.70 with the same save file. I can't see there being any problem with this in the future.
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

It should, just C&P it to the new installation's correct folder.

BTW, it's advisable to remove the old installation completely; you may also check out all the JS-dependant and shader OXPs that were unsupported on 1.65.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
BTW, it's advisable to remove the old installation completely;
(Does not apply to Mac OS X.)
bulrush
Competent
Competent

Post by bulrush »

In 1.65 Windows version if you go to a space station on the equipment page (F3) it says in orange "Repairs to fuel scoop: 1200cr". Same thing for "Minor overhaul: 800cr" or similar.

But no, it does not say this on the F5 info page.
System: Gateway GT5056, AMD dual CPU, Nvidia Geforce 8600 (unknown subtype), Win XP, 1GB RAM, color LCD monitor
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

It does not say anything in the F5 screen on 1.65, simply because this feature was introduced around the time of 1.67 or 1.68 - can't remember exactly right now.

In all honesty, I would just upgrade to 1.71 at this point. 1.65 is a great version, but because of its age, it is quite a bit left behind in terms of features.