Translation, please!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Translation, please!

Post by Lestradae »

OK, perhaps there is a FAQ or Wiki or whatever that already answers my question, in that case, please kindly point me to it.

Other wise, I need to read out the following stats ...

* Cargo Capacity + Extended Cargo Capacity
* Max Speed
* How many Energy Banks
* How many Missile Slots
* Can Shield Boosters, Military Shields and Extended Cargo Capacity (and, if the latter yes, how big is it) be fitted onto this ship?
* Pitch & Roll values
* Which Gun Mounts can be fitted and are they restricted somehow (i.e. to a Beam Laser?)
* Energy recharge rate

... from the shipdata.plist.

Translation, please ... for example, Energy 450 seems to mean 7 Energy Banks - I don`t really understand.

Thanks in advance,

L
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

The shipdata will give you most of the Stats:-

1) The Maxium Energy of a ship is set by the <key>max_energy</key> setting. This translates into Energy Banks by dividing by 64 BUT dropping any decimals. Eg a Ship with 300 energy has 4 banks (4.68 ).

2) Max speed is set by <key>max_flight_speed</key>. The number is the fraction of LM times 100. Ie 300 is 0.3LM, 100 is 0.1LM etc.

3) For the player version of the ship, missile slots is set by <key>max_missiles</key>. 1 means one missile etc. For an NPC its set by the <key>missiles</key>. This is just the number it always has. Eg an NPC Cobra III might have 4. In which case it always has 4.

4) Pitch and Roll are set by <key>max_flight_pitch</key> and <key>max_flight_roll</key>. The higher the number the more nippy the ship. For compasion the basic Cobra Mk III is 1 / 2.

5) Energy re-charge value is set by <key>energy_recharge_rate</key>. This is how quickly the ship recharges without Naval or Extra Energy Units fitted. Fitting these devices improves it. 1 is awfully slow, 100 is a space station. The basic Cobra Mk III has a value of 4. The higher the better.

6) The maxium cargo (WITHOUT a Large Cargo Bay) is set by max_cargo. The number is in tons. The rest of the info you have to get from shipyard.

Shipyard info:-

1) The equipment a ship can carry is set by <key>optional_equipment</key>. This includes the large cargo bay. If an item is NOT listed here then the ship cannot have it. This is the entry for the Cobra III (which can fit all available equipment).

Code: Select all

<key>optional_equipment</key>
		<array>
            <string>EQ_CARGO_BAY</string>
			<string>EQ_ECM</string>
			<string>EQ_FUEL_SCOOPS</string>
			<string>EQ_PASSENGER_BERTH</string>
			<string>EQ_ESCAPE_POD</string>
			<string>EQ_ENERGY_BOMB</string>
			<string>EQ_ENERGY_UNIT</string>
			<string>EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT</string>
			<string>EQ_DOCK_COMP</string>
			<string>EQ_WEAPON_PULSE_LASER</string>
			<string>EQ_WEAPON_BEAM_LASER</string>
			<string>EQ_WEAPON_MINING_LASER</string>
			<string>EQ_WEAPON_MILITARY_LASER</string>
			<string>EQ_FUEL_INJECTION</string>
		       <string>EQ_SCANNER_SHOW_MISSILE_TARGET</string>
			<string>EQ_MULTI_TARGET</string>
			<string>EQ_GAL_DRIVE</string>
			<string>EQ_ADVANCED_COMPASS</string>
			<string>EQ_SHIELD_BOOSTER</string>
			<string>EQ_NAVAL_SHIELD_BOOSTER</string>
			<string>EQ_HEAT_SHIELD</string>
		</array>

Last edited by LittleBear on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

How do things like the Ore Processor work, are they available to all ships? I guess when someone adds a new add on oxp, they dont edit every single ship to make the item fittable? (can you tell I dont like working on oxps?)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thanks for the prompt answer!

Post by Lestradae »

I`m continuing on Zzzz Realistic Shipyards OXP right away :D

Just one question:
Eg a Ship with 300 energy has 4 banks (4.68 ).
So, for the banks number it is always rounded down - anything beyond the comma is irrelevant for the amount of energy banks, yes?

:idea:

L
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

OXP equipment is set with <available_to_all> so all player ships can have them (and the cloaking device as well). If you make a new item of equipment then it can be fitted to every ship (even though its not listed in its optional equipment). NPCs can have cloaks (although none of the native ships except the special one do). So all player ships can have Ore Prosssers, Mark Transponder Scanners etc, but NPCs never will. That said it wouldn't make any gameplay difference if an NPC did have a hyper-radio for example.

@Lestrade, yep. The Adder for example has energy of 85, so has one energy bank. But a ship with energy 65 would also have 1 bank.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Gun Mountings

Post by Lestradae »

And where can I find out which Gun Mountings a given ship can fit :?:
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Ahh thats a bit more tricky! Its in shipyard under <key>weapon_facings</key> then an <integer>number here</integer>. 15 means it can have guns on all views. 0 means it can have no guns at all. I think 1 -3 means forward only and 4 or higher means it has Front and Aft. I'm think a number over 5 means all guns but I'm not too sure about this bit. NPC ships however never have left or right guns although they can have aft guns.

EDIT : Oh answered above! :wink:
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Concerning the Tech Level

Post by Lestradae »

Hye,

is the Tech Level in the shipyard.plist the actual Tech Level as shown inside the game Oolite (between 1 and 15) or is it the internal variable Tech Level (between 0 and 14) :?:

I need to know ... :)

PS: Found out how the Gun Mountings work, thanks!
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Re: Concerning the Tech Level

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Lestradae wrote:
Hye,

is the Tech Level in the shipyard.plist the actual Tech Level as shown inside the game Oolite (between 1 and 15) or is it the internal variable Tech Level (between 0 and 14) :?:

I need to know ... :)

PS: Found out how the Gun Mountings work, thanks!
I believe it is the latter (0-14).

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!