Random hits - escape pods

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

so-lo
Poor
Poor

Random hits - escape pods

Post by so-lo »

I don't seem to get credited will a kill once the target has ejected and I have lasered the escape pod. Just a load of abuse - and i know I have vaporised the target.

ollite 1.7 and random hits 1.1.

Any suggestions?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Thats odd. It worked when I tested it. You should get a message come up saying he's ejected. Is it giving you a message when the pod dies?
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
so-lo
Poor
Poor

Post by so-lo »

I get the message that he has ejected, but no confirmation when I have finished off the pod.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

so-lo wrote:
I get the message that he has ejected, but no confirmation when I have finished off the pod.
Look in the error log if you get an message like:

missionVariables not defined. In oolite 1.70 there is a bug that a second spawnd ship (pod) with the same script does not recognise the missionVariables anymore. When this is in the log the only thing you can do is restart Oolite and do the mission again and stay in the system so the ship is not re-added after re-entering the system.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

That would only happen though if you took one mission and the mark ejected in a pod and you scooped him / shot him. Then (without restarting Oolite) you took another mission and the mark ejected in the same type of pod. The work around is just to save after finishing the first mission and restart Oolite before taking the next one. I'd assumed you'd probabley not do two random hits mission back to back without having a break from Oolite!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
so-lo
Poor
Poor

Post by so-lo »

Thanks. I will look at the erro log.

Anyway - stonking add on to the game - I played this on an atari and commodore originally.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

I had a good bit of fun with random hits last night - I travelled most of the way across the galaxy, killed all the target's 'hired help', hunted around looking for him then someone else got him. I got 240 Credits instead of 8500!

Great OXP :)