Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Long lost commander finds flight console

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Killer Instinct
Dangerous
Dangerous

Long lost commander finds flight console

Post by Killer Instinct »

Been away for a bit and wanting to know what's new in Oolite. I had installed 1.70 before all hell broke loose. Any new missions or installments I should know about? URLs would be helpful. Many thanks.
KI
It's a fine line between clever and stupid
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Three new, large OXPs of note are Anarchies 1.0, Galactic Navy (3.0 I think), and Random Hits 1.1. What else? An update to Dr Nil's Your Ad Here, an update to Cargo & Wrecks, an update to Asteroid Storm, an update to Deposed... that's all I can think of at the moment. All are available via the wiki.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

And, of course, the multi-mission packed Local Hero OXP!
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

UPS isn't too bad either... :D
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Kaks wrote:
UPS isn't too bad either... :D
Thanks, I just finished translation into JS of the last mission series: The container series. This was the biggest of the five as it contains 40% of the total code. It loads now without errors. Now re-reading the code and playing all the missions to see if it works as before.

The player will probably see no differences, but now with JS, it gets much easier to add nice extra features.
Killer Instinct
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Killer Instinct »

Call me slow, but what is UPS? Apart from of course a worldwide parcel delivery service. Mind I have my hands full with three OXP missions running atm. Ionics (which I'm close to finishing for the second time), Military fiasco (ditto) and Thargoid wars. Which is making the game very interesting ideed. I've added the new OXP's that I found new in the Wiki, so I've got yet another bunch of pirates chasing me too. As well as the police for being not entirely legal and I've yet to complete the ironing of the ass! Thank goodness for those fuel tanks!
It's a fine line between clever and stupid
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

It starts with delivering parcels, but then opens up with lots of other stuff to do. (Being a bit criptic to avoid spoilers!)
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

UPS is an OXP where you (initially) occasionally get asked to deliver parcels to planets of the same governent type. As you build up a bit of a reputation as a reliable commander they start to offer you other missions.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Killer Instinct wrote:
Call me slow, but what is UPS? Apart from of course a worldwide parcel delivery service.
?? a worldwide parcel delivery service would be "WWPDS" I think, UPS stands for "Universe Parcel Delivery". Any likeness with existing abbreviations is purely coincidental.