Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Question

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Kryota
Average
Average

Question

Post by Kryota »

First, I bought an expensive military laser, than a mining laser to see what mining's like, and now I want the military laser back in front, but it's not on any slot :? All I see is "Military Laser" in the status screen... How do I switch back to my military laser?
Kryota
Average
Average

Post by Kryota »

I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find a feature that lets you change the position of your lasers, but I got around this by editing the save file... If there IS a feature that lets you do this, let me know :)
Trexate
Average
Average

Post by Trexate »

Which version of Oolite are you using? I got hit with a similar issue. It's a bug.
Kryota
Average
Average

Post by Kryota »

I'm using 1.70 :/
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

1.70 has a laser-buying bug. Will be corrected in 1.71.

But I believe both of you are mistaken. There is no "feature that lets you change positions of your lasers", and there has never been. The only thing you can do is to buy another laser instead of the one you have. When you do this, you will be refunded the price of the laser that is de-installed.

So when you bought your front military laser in the first place, you automatically sold the original pulse laser in the process (and were returned the money).

When you bought the front mining laser, you couldn't do so without selling the military laser and getting a full refund for it.

So, if you want your front military laser back, you have to buy it again, thereby selling the mining laser.

Your editing of the save-file was effectively cheating, because you gave yourself a laser without paying for it. You should therefore edit your save-file again and reduce your credits by 5200 (the difference between the price of a military and a mining laser).
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Commander McLane wrote:
Your editing of the save-file was effectively cheating, because you gave yourself a laser without paying for it. You should therefore edit your save-file again and reduce your credits by 5200 (the difference between the price of a military and a mining laser).
What Commander McLane was *actually* saying was In the interests of fair play, reducing your current Credits by 5200 would take you back to how you were prior to the problem.

After all we are the Friendliest CommOonity This Side of Reidquat/the Tionisla Orbital Grave Yard/Tianve Pulsar/the K-T Discontinuity/etc. :wink:

Captain Hesperus
.....striving for peace, love, understanding and a willing public to sell Trumbles to
The truth, revealed!!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
What Commander McLane was *actually* saying was In the interests of fair play, reducing your current Credits by 5200 would take you back to how you were prior to the problem.
How do you know that I wasn't actually saying "ThOose stOopid nOobs!?!" ? :shock: :P :wink:
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Commander McLane wrote:
Captain Hesperus wrote:
How do you know that I wasn't actually saying "ThOose stOopid nOobs!?!" ? :shock: :P :wink:
Because I know Jedi Mind Tricks.

0_o These are not the No0bs you are lo0king for...."

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!