Oolite hangs again and again while assasins mission

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Tool
Above Average
Above Average

Oolite hangs again and again while assasins mission

Post by Tool »

Hello guys,

I need some help.

I just want to fulfil the malfunction battle bot destroying mission as it appears in assasins OXP.

Everytime the battle on Ateslete System runs, the game hangs and crashs.

If I reinstall assasins OXP, my assasins reputation is gone with the wind, Am I right?

What shall I do to advance in assasins guild?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

The battlebot mission is really pushing Oolite and you can get a crash. I'd take out all your OXPs (except assassins), complete the mission and then put them back in. It didn't cause a crash on my system when I developed it, but a couple of peeps have had this problem. I think its just that there are so many botts in the system and the control ship also has a very detailed texture that there is an awful lot of stuff being loaded into memory. Taking out the other OXPs (just for this mission) will cut down the load on Oolite.

Reinstalling Assassins won't delete your progress with the Guild (this is stored in your Commander's save file). But unless Assassins is installed then Oolite won't do anything with this information.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Tool
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Tool »

thank you!

I´ll try that and then searching the control drone!
Tool
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Tool »

yeah, it worked.

Done it! I´m "deadly" now. 8)

thanks!