clouds

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

j f gearing
Dangerous
Dangerous

clouds

Post by j f gearing »

Having restarted from scratch, I am now getting real problems with nebulae/dust clouds (whatever) They slow my machine to make the game almost unplayable. I'm sure they weren't there at the start. Are they in an OXP that I have added or is there any way of switching them off

Thanks

JG
j f gearing
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by j f gearing »

Also the non fading message problem has become almost unbearable
Before the restart it was only a minor problem and very infrequent
Any thoughts

Thanks

JG
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Try the ClearSkys OXP from the Wiki. It reduces the nebula effects to the minimum. The Nebula effects are a built in feature, so you need an OXP to turn them down. The sticky messages bug is a long standing issue (flick between views to clear them). I think I know how to turn them off though having had a look at the native descriptions file, so I'll put up a MessagesOff OXP soon.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
j f gearing
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by j f gearing »

Funnily enough, I've just taken the clear skies OXP off, It didn't help at all. As for flicking between views, I just get a screen full of Front view/ Aft view messages (I said it was getting bad)
Perhaps I should try a reinstall

Thanks

JG