Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

1.70 Strict mode

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

1.70 Strict mode

Post by johnsmith »

Just been playing with 1.70 using wireframe and strict mode. Ah, retro joy! Frame rates go right up, and that look is fantastic. Anyway, couple of problems:

NPC ships use fuel-injection. While I didn't mind the Constrictor doing it, as it is such an uber mission ship, there are a bunch of asps and fer-de-lances who use it. Seeing as it's not an item available to players, why should NPCs be able to buy it?

The other problem I had was with the Constrictor mission. If you go to planet info, you get the hint on the ships location, wether you're docked or not. Suspect there is something wrong with the new scripting info, or that Oolite isn't setting docked status properly.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: 1.70 Strict mode

Post by Commander McLane »

johnsmith wrote:
NPC ships use fuel-injection. While I didn't mind the Constrictor doing it, as it is such an uber mission ship, there are a bunch of asps and fer-de-lances who use it. Seeing as it's not an item available to players, why should NPCs be able to buy it?
That's definitively a bug. Perhaps a long-standing one, as strict-mode seems to be broken for a long time (and as so few people are using it, bugs are not noticed easily).
The other problem I had was with the Constrictor mission. If you go to planet info, you get the hint on the ships location, wether you're docked or not. Suspect there is something wrong with the new scripting info, or that Oolite isn't setting docked status properly.
As far as I remember this is correct behaviour. Even in C64-Elite the Constrictor hunts on the planetinfo screen were there also in-flight.