Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

scanForRocks stopped working

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

scanForRocks stopped working

Post by Eric Walch »

The command scanForRocks is broken. Today I tried to test my mining mission under 1.70, but the miners just flew past the asteroids. I replaced it for the new "scanForNearestShipWithAnyPrimaryRole: asteroid boulder" and things worked again. So it must have been the scanForRocks that is faulty. I didn't test if it does finds boulders but it does not find asteroids.

But an other reason I tested this mission is because it always generated the unscoopable cargo (In my case splinters). It still does. I can't target it so I can not meke the extended target dump but only an complete entety dump. This was the result of the culprit:

<ShipEntity 0x28644600>{"Splinter" ID: 453 position: (-17284.7, 13758, 742602) scanClass: CLASS_CARGO status: STATUS_BEING_SCOOPED} mass 1264.86 <AI 0x1820d170>{"nullAI.plist" in state: "GLOBAL" for Splinter 453}
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

which means the Rock Hermit Locator also do not work in 1.7

havent gotten around to test it...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

It appears that the code is supposed to be looking for boulders (equivalent to scanForNearestShipHavingRole: boulder twice, instead of looking for boulders first and then falling back to asteroids.

This is now fixed, although looking at it I’m not sure it whether it ought to be doing an any-role check or a primary-role check. Then again, if this isn’t a candidate for an any-role check, I’m not sure what is. :-)