My first Q-mine!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Faffer
Poor
Poor

My first Q-mine!

Post by Faffer »

I just dropped my first ever Q-mine in front of a particularly tough enemy and WOW!! That thing's mental!!

I was looking out of my rear view and the blue glow was expanding towards me so I thought I'd better not stick around too long...

Is it possible to die by your own Q-mine?
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Oh yes indeedy, shift your ass or you are toast. If you haven't yet seen the effect of multiple chain reaction explosions then you have a treat in store. It's also advisable not to use it if you've had a few Riedquat ales, it's easy to launch a Q-mine instead of a missile in a busy dogfight, without realising it and then by the time you do it's goodnight Rosie.

Have fun, there are plenty more surprises in the OXP's as well.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Be advised as well that if you happen to catch innocent bystanders or even law-enforcement vessels you can bring bad karma on your legal reputation.

And to add one detail to TGHC's advice: Shift you ass fast or you are toast. In many of the ships it's highly advisable to hit your injectors in order to get away, because the blue bubble grows with a speed exceeding many ships' built-in high-speed-limit.
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

...because the blue bubble grows with a speed exceeding many ships' built-in high-speed-limit.
Oh yes.... :wink:

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter