Sub-entities and Elite Rating

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Sub-entities and Elite Rating

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Not a bug report per se, more an observation, but I put it here rather than in the Discussion forum 'cos it's seemed more appropriate.
It's just that I tend to keep a running total of kills (to put notches on the ol' Profit's hull) and after I blew up a Rock Hermit that was harbouring a pirate cove, I noted that I had two extra kills. On reflection, I had blown up the 'docking orifice' and the 'habitat' on the Hermit prior to the whole thing going ka-blooey! I tested this again, blowing up another Rock Hermit in the same way with the same result.

Net result, don't just wipe out pirate coves in one go, be selective and rack up the kills by knocking out the sub-ents.

<goes off to try and up the appearance chances for Dark Wheel Cobras>

Captain Hesperus
P.S. that's on Oolite V 1.65.
The truth, revealed!!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Yes, on everything that is "frangible" each subentity counts for a kill, which is not a bug, but a feature (so perhaps better discussed in "Discussion", anyway :wink:).

That's the very reason why I prefer to slaughter Hydras and their kinds--renegade ships as well--slowly and painfully, one external gun after the other, before I get in for the final kill. :twisted:

(And to reveal a "secret": the DW Cobra is a great ship to blow up--lots and lots of subentities. Have fun! :D)

Just be careful not to drain your opponent's energy too quickly and aim carefully for the subentities only. It's a shame when he encounters structural failure too early--so many wasted subents! :oops: