Shipyard bug?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

*cat
Dangerous
Dangerous

Shipyard bug?

Post by *cat »

"There's BUGS in them thar yards, me hearties...!"
(It IS "international talk-like-a-pirate day" today isn't it?)

At some stations, when I press that extra F3 to see ships for sale, things kind of semi-freeze: I'm running 1.65 on my Mac Mini in Full Screen mode.
The "normal" OS X mouse pointer appears, and I have to switch out of full screen and press a few F keys to get things going again, but I can never get to see the for sale screen.
It works fine at most places, but I've got lots of OXPs installed, and I'm wondering if one of the ship OXPs is causing a problem if it's for sale at a particular station, causing the ships-for-sale screen to fail.
Anyone got any ideas for how to check this, short of removing all the ship OXPs and gradually adding them back in until the problem re-occurs.
And if I remove the Supercobra, my trusty ship will vanish from under me... international float-like-a-pirate day?
Hope you can help, in between bouts of spam killing, mission writing, trading, fighting and trumble dealing...
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

F3 twice not bringing up the ships for sale is a known bug on 1.65. I'm not sure that its OXP related. It seems to go away again after making a few hyperspace jumps. I haven't had it happen to me (yet) on 1.69.1
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

What do you mean "things kind of semi-freeze". I understand it's not just that the shipyard-screen doesn't turn up, am I right? Because that's, as LitteBear pointed out, a known issue and you'll find a shipyard eventually.

So, if it's not like that, it would be helpful if you were a bit more specific.

Could also be a fullscreen-issue, because I believe sometimes Oolite will behave differently fullscreen than windowed. So I would suggest instead of doing the take-the-OXPs-off-one-by-one-routine you should try running the program witout switching to the fullscreen-mode and see what happens. I myself have never used the fullscreen-mode, so I can't help you with any experiences of my own.

And just by the way: You do know that there is not only this general "Discussion"-section here on the board, but also one dedicated to "Testing and Bug reports"? This kind of differentiation has a meaning! At the very top of the Testing and Bug reports-section you will also find a sticky named "Problem reporting guidelines" with detailed explanation about which information you should provide when you report a bug and where to send a crash-report if you need to.
*cat
Dangerous
Dangerous

Oops

Post by *cat »

Sorry, I somehow failed to notice the Testing and Bug reports section. Thanks for the pointer.
I will remove myself to there.

How embarrassing to be the wrong side of RTFM! :oops: