Energy Unit Toggle Purchase

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Wiggy
Deadly
Deadly

Energy Unit Toggle Purchase

Post by Wiggy »

I drive a Wolf Mk II, with a Naval Energy Unit.

At high TL planets, I am offered for sale an Extra Energy Unit. Always one to want everything, I buy it. Now, the Naval Energy Unit is in the list of stuff to purchase.
I can toggle between the two, losing money as I go.

This may be related to another post I've seen about not getting your money back on lasers somewhere...

I have the most recent version, 1.69.1 on an Intel Mac.

(As an aside, recently, I see a lot more NPCs launching from Behemoths. No new OXPs installed.)
You came in that? You're braver than I thought!
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

I could be wrong but I think that, in 1.69.1 (and maybe in some other earlier ones) you can only have one type of Energy Unit -- either the cheaper but less effective Extra Energy Unit, or the monstrously expensive mission reward, the Naval Energy Unit. There is presumably a charge for swapping these items over: how much are you losing each time?
Wiggy
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Wiggy »

I don't necessarily expect to have both, but I did expect it to do the same thing as lasers, where you get a refund for the one you already have when you buy another.

I'll check on the actual loss.
You came in that? You're braver than I thought!
Helvellyn
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Helvellyn »

It seems to be a bug in 1.69.1 - see the end of this thread.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Lasers give you a full refund, which is a bit weird. Swapping out a naval energy unit for a standard unit gives you a 50% refund. Swapping a standard energy unit for a naval one gives you a 75% refund.

In future versions, if the station’s equipment_price_factor is less than 1.0, the refunds will be scaled back appropriately.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

wiggy wrote:
At high TL planets, I am offered for sale an Extra Energy Unit. Always one to want everything, I buy it. Now, the Naval Energy Unit is in the list of stuff to purchase.
I can toggle between the two, losing money as I go.
Maybe the culprit is found by now, but if not I have some additional info about this bug.

I also got the Extra Energy Unit offered soon after using version 1.69.1. and I didn't notice the disappearing of the naval energy unit. Then I damaged my Extra Energy Unit in combat. But I couldn't repair it. Not even in a level 11 system. So I quited, started up the good old 1.65 and did the repairing stuff in this version and went on with version 1.69.1

The swapping itself I only noticed last week when I arrived at a level 14 planed and a naval energy unit was offered. On every purchase the other disappeared from my list and could be bought. This game I saved. When I opened it today, the swapping had disappeared.

So the bug itself is not the swapping but the offering of a extra energy unit, removing the naval one without a financial compensation and not being able to repair it at a tech level where it should be possible.

(I flew a Boa 2)
davcefai
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by davcefai »

I can add to this. My Naval Energy Unit was damaged by sheer greed. (I thought I could handle 2 groups of pirates simultaenously).

I was then able to buy an extra energy unit to tide me over.

Having got to a TL 15 planet there is no offer to repair the damaged unit.

Can't try it again tonight 'cos my motherboard has gone west - 6 domed capacitors.

Hesperus, if you read this, are you active on a hardware forum under a different name or has somebody nicked your sniper-cat? (Name not revealed here). On the other forum it is a GIF file and the feline is actually shooting.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

The image does not belong to Hesperus.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Really, so that's not him then just a borrowed persona. To think all those hours sat next to him in that clocktower and I never noticed, so it's not just the hair and the memory disfunction, me bloody eyesight's going as well now!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Yes, it’s quite impressive how he’s managed to find a lolcat that looks just like him.