Interstellar sunskimmers

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

chaos syndrome
Above Average
Above Average

Interstellar sunskimmers

Post by chaos syndrome »

You probably all figured this one out long ago, but sunskimmers.oxp generates pirates/traders/etc. in interstellar space.

This can be cured by adding "planet_number greaterthan -1" to each conditions() block in the script.plist provided in the addon.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

Cool, now that I see that, I realise that we can do the same for supercobra.oxp and orb.oxp as well.

I still get a load of fugatives in witchspace though, any idea where they might be coming from?

Also the thatgoids seem to be in civil war, they are all kicking 7 bells out of each other, I think this is new isnt it, before they would go for me in preference to each other.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Yes, they go after each other. That's a known AI problem of theirs, because the scanForNonThargoids method doesn't work as you would suspect.

The problem really stems from thorgorn_thread.oxp, where there are some thargoid ships that have a custom role together with or instead of 'thargoid'. These ships are found by other thargoid ships' AIs scanning for non-thargoids, because the scanForNonThargoids message finds all ships that have something else than just 'thargoid' as a role. So they are identified as non-thargoids and attacked.

On the other hand the scanForThargoids method finds only those ships that have only 'thargoid' as a role.

(readymade answer, just posted in another thread as well) :wink: