Oolite test release 1.69.1/1.69.1.1/1.69.1.2

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Oolite test release 1.69.1/1.69.1.1/1.69.1.2

Post by JensAyton »

Oolite test release 1.69.1.1 - Argh, That Wasn’t Supposed to Happen Edition is now available from GURPO. This release focuses on severe bugs in 1.69. The updater can be applied to 1.65 and the test release series up to 1.69.1.

Added: Oolite test release 1.69.1.2 is now available (as an updater only). This fixes a bug where Oolite would refuse to start up, with reference to an “OoliteOpenGLTooOldExeption”, on systems with OpenGL 1.1-level support. It does not address any other issues. The updater can be applied to Oolite 1.69.1.1 only.

Changes since Oolite 1.69:
  • Several crashes and other severe bugs fixed.
  • Fix for a wide class of potential crashes and strange behaviours which were latent in earlier versions but obscured by an otherwise unhelpful caching mechanism.
  • Fix for ship death_actions and script_actions not working.
  • Fix for awardCredits: stealing all your money.
  • Fix for shipyard refusing to sell ships whose price is less than your current trade-in value.
  • Added notequal operator to legacy scripting system.
  • Reduced trade-in values by 25% across the board to reduce market exploits.
  • Temporarily disabled procedurally textured planets to avoid a crashing bug.
  • Fix for problem with ships that have multiple common roles being created by scripts and having the wrong AI, as discussed here.
  • Better handling of out-of-range numbers in property lists.
  • Fix for JavaScript methods randomly not doing anything. Also fixed system.legacyAddShipsWithinRadius() ignoring radius parameter.
  • Fix for scripts running while paused, if on a menu screen.
  • Fix for wrong galaxy being shown when switching from Open screen to Map screen.
  • Fix for out-of-range laser heat value in shaders on demo screen.
  • Damaged equipment is now shown in orange as intended.
  • Big yellow question mark is now shown as intended on the Open screen when selecting a saved game using an unavailable ship.
Mac-specific:
Oolite now supports Smart Crash Reports. With Smart Crash Reports installed, if Oolite crashes, the crash report dialog will provide the option to send the crash report to Apple and the Oolite team (currently meaning me), rather than just to Apple (who will throw it away because it’s not their problem). The test release will offer to install Smart Crash Reports if you don’t have it, or upgrade it if you have an old version. The final release will not offer to install it but will benefit if it is installed. Smart Crash Reports is entirely optional; not installing it will not affect Oolite in any way.

When submitting crash reports through the crash reporter, it is requested that you include the contents of the run log file (see below) in the “comments” field. If it’s very long, at least include the end of it.

The run log is now written to a file, ~/Library/Logs/org.aegidian.oolite/Latest.log. The previous run log is backed up to ~/Library/Logs/org.aegidian.oolite/Previous.log. If you double-click Latest.log, it will open in Console and update in real time.
The log can optionally be written to the standard console log as well, although this is probably only useful for debugging the game from within Xcode; this can be done from the command line like so:

Code: Select all

defaults write org.aegidian.oolite logging-show-app-name -bool yes
Fixed a bug where the Debug Menu OXP (updated for 1.69.1) would not be noticed the first time it was used.
Last edited by JensAyton on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

Yah! Thanks for all your hard work!

-Oscar
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

bug report with log sent. crash upon launch. cannot play!!!! =(

(withdrawl pains are painful!) ^^
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

Seems to be OK, runs fine, but I had a funny little report from the console during update:
Mac OS X Version 10.4.10 (Build 8R218)
2007-07-16 17:36:59 +0100
Main starting
2007-07-16 17:37:12.681 SystemUIServer[170] lang is:en
2007-07-16 17:37:16.525 GrowlHelperApp[192] CFLog (0): *** Attempt to post a distributed notification (GrowlNotification) with a non-dictionary userInfo (or one which is not a valid property list) ignored.
2007-07-16 17:37:17.798 SystemUIServer[220] lang is:en
2007-07-16 17:37:24.110 MagicMenuHotKeyDaemon[221] Started
2007-07-16 17:53:50.900 DashboardClient[235] A Carbon window's attributes couldn't be gotten.
2007-07-16 17:53:50.901 DashboardClient[235] A Carbon window's features couldn't be gotten.
2007-07-16 17:53:50.901 DashboardClient[235] Couldn't get window modality: error=-5600
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

None of those would appear to be related to Oolite. The updater writes its log to a file on the desktop, not the console log.
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

do you need the updater log for anything? i tossed mine in the docs folder i created in the oolite directory.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Nah. It might be useful if there’s a problem with the updating, but it should just be a list of deleted and copied files followed by a statement of success. Or possibly a message saying that what you gave it isn’t an acceptable version of Oolite.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Oolite test release 1.69.1.1 is now available from GURPO. This release is intended to fix a crash at start-up on x86 Macs only (the png_read_start_row crash). The updater can be applied to 1.65 and the test release series up to 1.69.1. If you’re not getting a consistent crash at startup with 1.69.1, you don’t need 1.69.1.1.
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

Am getting a problem with ejecting cargo from my Cobra. Message on screen is

ready to eject (Food, 21, 24, 19, -2, -2, 1, 1, 0).

but then nothing ejects. Also, you can't cycle through cargo. This is with 1.69.1.1
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

This is, I believe, a known problem. It was mentioned somewhere and I think Ahruman has already fixed it.
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

Ooops, sorry, have been off the boards for a while. Will look out for the next version.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Updater to Oolite 1.69.1.2 available (see top of thread); fixes “OoliteOpenGLTooOldExeption” problem on some systems. If you have never seen an OoliteOpenGLTooOldExeption, you don’t need this update.