How do I stop external views when using injectors?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

jedwards
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

How do I stop external views when using injectors?

Post by jedwards »

When piloting a number of ships when I use witch-drive injectors by pressing 'i', my normal target view disappears and is replaced with one of several annoying external views.

Repeated 'i's toggle among 4 exterior views before going back to the correct one.

How do I stop this from happening? Also, why is this happening? I cannot imagine a reason for this to be the default. If I want a different view I should explicitly ask for it.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

The default for external views is ‘v’. The most likely reason for ‘i’ having this effect is a custom keyconfig.plist.
jedwards
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by jedwards »

I finally tracked this down.

There was a keyconfig from early 2006 in ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Addons/Config which was taking precedence over the one in the application (and the one I had copied out of the App into the Applications local Config path). Tweaking that second one still didn't work.

This feature was not present when I last used the application. It is too bad that the behavior did not map gracefully onto older configurations.

p.s. I started posting this response before reading yours Ahruman. Thanks for responding.