Temporary scoop failure?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

*cat
Dangerous
Dangerous

Temporary scoop failure?

Post by *cat »

Just jumped into a system and saw some Clean fool in a cobra III fly straight into a Workers Commuter; lots of cargo!
But my scoops wouldn't work! Argh!
I'm flying my first Cobra III, fitted with all the bits I can find. Scoops worked later on, closer to the station.
Any ideas? A bug, or was there a scoop-jammer? Or can't you scoop near witchpoints?
- Paddy *cat
*cat
Dangerous
Dangerous

Ghost cargo

Post by *cat »

Happened again! Same system. Another mad bit of bad driving. I scooped a few cannisters, but there were some Dragon Cargo ones that were unscoopable (and unshootable too - no red explosion...almost like they weren't there... in fact, I could fly straight through them and watch them appear out of my rear view!. The previous things I couldn't scoop, I could at least collide with!
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Re: Ghost cargo

Post by Captain Hesperus »

*cat wrote:
Happened again! Same system. Another mad bit of bad driving. I scooped a few cannisters, but there were some Dragon Cargo ones that were unscoopable (and unshootable too - no red explosion...almost like they weren't there... in fact, I could fly straight through them and watch them appear out of my rear view!. The previous things I couldn't scoop, I could at least collide with!
Ghost entities, it's a known bug. Happens with ships, too.

Captain Hesperus
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I’ve noticed that awardCargo: in space seems to be failing to add the spawned containers to the universe. This may be a problem, but I haven’t tested it yet. If anyone OXP-savvy could throw together a test for that, it’d be useful.
Killer Instinct
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Killer Instinct »

That'll be the phantom cargo cannister thingy. I think it's a bug, but never come across them in multiples.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid