Black Monks version 1.1 problem. Wrong file extension (case)

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

J.Aws
Poor
Poor

Black Monks version 1.1 problem. Wrong file extension (case)

Post by J.Aws »

Problem with "Black Monks version 1.1".

In the console I got notices that certain textures couldn't be found. For instance it was looking for "a_radar_outside.PNG".
The OXP has "a_radar_outside.png".
Because Linux is case sensitive the files couldn't be found.

I copied all the *.png to *PNG. This solves the notices in the log. But still no black monks to be found anywhere.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Yeah, this is a reasonably common OXP problem. I suspect some tools on Windows change the case of file extensions to uppercase, thus exacerbating the problem. (OS X tends towards lowercase extensions.) This is one of the things I intend to check in the upcoming OXP validation mode, but maybe not for the first release of that (which is projected for Oolite 1.69).
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Sorry! :oops:

I am in the process of fixing this both for Black Monks and Assassins.

You have to be in a system with a Tech level of at least 10 to see a Black Monk Monastory. If you've fixed the .PNG problem try a trip to a high tech world. If pretty sure the OXP is ok apart from this, as both Windows and Mac user playtesters have reported Monk encounters!

EDIT : If you changed all the textures to .PNG then you may need to check the .dat files and make sure they also say .PNG. I will post a fix to this (probabley next weekend). But I'm doing the same thing with Assassins ATM (and have RL stuff to do).
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
J.Aws
Poor
Poor

Found the black monks. Problem solved.

Post by J.Aws »

After a restart (I tried to fix the the extension problem on the fly) it works allright now.

By the way: Asteroid Storm has the same problem. Apart from the fact that the zip file is missing an 's' in the name.