Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Enterprise-D ship- Coming to life in Oolite!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Kriken Overlord
Competent
Competent

Enterprise-D ship- Coming to life in Oolite!

Post by Kriken Overlord »

I was planning on making a to-scale Enterprise-D ship, from Star Trek, into Oolite. It would be NPC, and it would be huge. It would have to be accurate to the real ship. But I can't code for beans. As usual. So I guess this is a "Pass the buck" thread. I'm making a model.
There is something deeply, deeply wrong with me, and I intend to find out what it is, as soon as I'm done burning this cat.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

:shock: Based on the scale on the 'D' to Oolite ships it really will be huge! It certainly ain't gonna dock anywhere! You'll have to do the docking bays (and then we could dock!) too though and some shuttles. I've got the blueprints for the 'D' if you want any accurate measurements of any bits.

Good luck.

Or should that be "Live Long and Prosper"?
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Re: Enterprise-D ship- Coming to life in Oolite!

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Kriken Overlord wrote:
I was planning on making a to-scale Enterprise-D ship, from Star Trek, into Oolite. It would be NPC, and it would be huge. It would have to be accurate to the real ship. But I can't code for beans. As usual. So I guess this is a "Pass the buck" thread. I'm making a model.
Good luck, chap!! Speak to Charlie about the pulsing lights in the warp nacelles, he's done wonders with his Benulobiweed.Inc ships. Can't wait to see your WIP and final results!!

Captain Hesperus
"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship 'Dubious Profit'. It's continuous mission to seek out new life and new civilisations. And sell them over-priced, substandard-quality cr@p!"
Charlie
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Enterprise-D ship- Coming to life in Oolite!

Post by Charlie »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
Kriken Overlord wrote:
Good luck, chap!! Speak to Charlie about the pulsing lights in the warp nacelles, he's done wonders with his Benulobiweed.Inc ships. Can't wait to see your WIP and final results!!

Captain Hesperus
"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship 'Dubious Profit'. It's continuous mission to seek out new life and new civilisations. And sell them over-priced, substandard-quality cr@p!"
Yeh, by all means have a peak - chances are my Condor.oxp could be used almost unchanged...

Best of luck - TBH the hardest part of a ship like that is how long it takes to get the lights right.
Benulobiweed.inc
By Appointment to
--- : GalCoop : ---

Your nearest Benulobiweed.inc dealer:
http://www.box.net/public/b2tic3tjsk#main

Charlie
Kriken Overlord
Competent
Competent

As the 'pass the buck' bit said, I really only do the model...
I don't know how to do lights or docks or anything. Oh, and having seen Dredgers try to dock, I need to have it not even go near a station.
It would be a big project. Thus, I shall pass the buck.
There is something deeply, deeply wrong with me, and I intend to find out what it is, as soon as I'm done burning this cat.
CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

Gonna be a machine killer for some but looking forward to it!
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

Charlie
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Charlie »

:)

...call me retro!
Benulobiweed.inc
By Appointment to

Charlie
Kriken Overlord
Competent
Competent

YAY!
I have passed the buck. My work here is DONE!
Charlie
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Charlie »

Bah! - Oh, ok then...

Of cause this means all the cool ( well I think so ) .oxp's I currently have in development hell will take even longer to see a working release. :lol:
Benulobiweed.inc
By Appointment to

Charlie
Kriken Overlord
Competent
Competent

Never mind then. I thought you had done it. Go back to your other work. I'll (try to) make this. Go aboot your bizniss.
Charlie
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Charlie »

Tiz done!

... weeel except the .plists :)

This will be a Constitution-class - I think ( Enterprise-A )

You want to do a 'D' ?

Don't mind me, the .oxp for this should be quite easy to butcher for you model.

Best of luck

( don't forget to keep your polys under controll )
Benulobiweed.inc
By Appointment to

Charlie
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

<Dons Star-Trek-Geek-T-shirt> The orignal TV series Enterprise was a Constitution Class, the first movie (and 2nd and 3rd) was the original TV series Ship with a mid-life refit (new improved engines, nacelles and deflector dish technology improved again post repairs after the fight with Khan) but still a Constitution class ship. The Enterprise-A (post STIII:TSFS) was technically still just about a Constitution Class but was so heavily redesigned that it is often referred to as an Enterprise-Class ship amongst those in the know (and originally started life as USS Yorktown)

:oops: I used to write for a Star Trek fanzine...
Selezen wrote:
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
<Dons Star-Trek-Geek-T-shirt> The orignal TV series Enterprise was a Constitution Class, the first movie (and 2nd and 3rd) was the original TV series Ship with a mid-life refit (new improved engines, nacelles and deflector dish technology improved again post repairs after the fight with Khan) but still a Constitution class ship. The Enterprise-A (post STIII:TSFS) was technically still just about a Constitution Class but was so heavily redesigned that it is often referred to as an Enterprise-Class ship amongst those in the know (and originally started life as USS Yorktown)
Oh My God! :shock:
That's an excerpt from the book: 1001 Quotes to stop a conversation dead.

Captain Hesperus
"See the Trekkie, Be the Trekkie."
MtKlima
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MtKlima »

[quote="DaddyHoggy"]<Dons Star-Trek-Geek-T-shirt>The orignal TV series Enterprise was a Constitution Class, ....

You forgot </Dons Star-Trek-Geek-T-Shirt>
Best, Michael
After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
- William S. Burroughs
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

:) @MtKlima and you forgot [/quote]

How's Baltimore this time of year (I lived near there April-August 1999 while working at the University of MD in College Park and of course used to come to Baltimore quite a bit because I enjoyed the seafood (especially from Hooters :lol: )?

@Cap'n H - Oh yes!
Last edited by DaddyHoggy on Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selezen wrote: