Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Menu wierdness

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

emoose
Poor
Poor

Menu wierdness

Post by emoose »

When docked if i try to save it changes to strict mode and dumps me to the "press space" startup screen (and of course i loose my game so far).

Quick save works, so im stuck manually making save backups...
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

This is an error that seems to come up occassionally, but the cause is still a mystery...

what OS do you run Oolite ?

what OXPs do you have installed/are you playing?
emoose
Poor
Poor

Post by emoose »

Running it on XP, gig or RAM, i'll post a list of OXPs (quite a few) when i get home this evening.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

perhaps it wasn't a clean install, it might be worth keeping your save game and reinstalling 1.65.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
emoose
Poor
Poor

Post by emoose »

The install seemed to go ok, infact the menus worked fine for a week or so, i suspect its OXP related, I'll see if removing them has any effect.
Judebert
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Judebert »

Definitely keep the save file. Maybe someone else can take it and see if they get the same effects on their system.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Think this bug is just part of Oolite (even if you have no OXPs installed). It seems to strike most often when a mission variable changes. I've hit it when playing Thargoid Plans and Deposed. The best safe guard it not to overwrite your Commander, but save as Jameson1, Jameson2, Jameson3 (and repeat). Once the bug strikes, the commander is screwed. But if you hit the bug on Jameson3, load up Jameson2 and you've only lost a bit of progress.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.