Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Nova Mission Malfunction

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

fasnoon
Above Average
Above Average

Nova Mission Malfunction

Post by fasnoon »

Recently posted the NOVA mission problem in detail on the discussion board. Has anyone faced the same issues? I cant play the lovecats mission OXP unless the Nova mission is complete and I cant seem to complete it due to an internal bug...

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=2454
- FAS
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

As I recall, You have to galactic hyperspace, immediately!!! otherwise you are toast!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
fasnoon
Above Average
Above Average

Nova Post Mission (DOCKING) Malfunction

Post by fasnoon »

Yes... I do a galactic hyperspace and upon going to a space station, the same thing happens... it immidiately launches me (instead of congratulating me) and the space station (again) starts to spark as if I just picked up the passangers!... and them when I use my witchdrive to go to another system, still the same thing happens as soon as I dock with a space station.

What do I do to fix this?
- FAS
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Had a look at Gile's script and couldn't see anything wrong that would cause you to get stuck in this loop.

To fix it Open up your save file with a text editor and do a search for "mission_nova".

You should see somthing like

<key>mission_nova</key> folllowed by a <string>SOME TEXT HERE</string>.

Change the text in the string to NOVA_HERO and save the file.

This will get you out of the loop (and you'll be able to play Lovecats).

You'll have missed the 100g of Gem Stones you usually get as a reward for completing the mission, but at least you won't be condemed to go round and round with every sun going nova!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.