xeer

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

booser
Above Average
Above Average

xeer

Post by booser »

I just got my first mission, got to kill a constructor that was last seen in xeer.
Saw that this xeer is in galaxy 1 do u have to go to this galaxy to meet up with this ship?
I'm in Gal 3 at the min, so it'll be a nightmare cause i'd have to nip through the other galaxys to get back to galaxy 1.

Please help!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

You'll need to go to Xeer to get some information on where the ship has gone.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

I suspect not everyone would agree, and I know it would be a departure from the original game, but personally I'd love it if you could choose which galaxy to jump to when using the galactic hyperdrive. Think it would be better from a gameplay point of view, and make a lot of OXPs/missions more accessible.
Last edited by Roberto on Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
booser
Above Average
Above Average

Post by booser »

ok thanks, i'm on my way then
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Well, there are currently missions in Galaxies 1, 2, 4, 5 and (when I release Assassins.oxp next month) 7. So if you have a look on the Wiki and play the missions in the order they appear in the Galaxies, it isn't too bad with the Hyperdrives. Agree would be nice to be able to pick a Galaxy to jump to though.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

Yeah, it's only a minor thing really. Just would like to be able to choose my own path to an even greater extent :)
Prophaniti
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Prophaniti »

Perhaps have a 'Super Galactic Hyperdrive' for 10k-20k Cr that allows you to choose in addition to the normal galactic hyperdrive.
Oolite is a Human-Sized Robot that Fears Nothing, dissolves in Water, and swats Aeroplanes like Flies.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Prophaniti wrote:
Perhaps have a 'Super Galactic Hyperdrive' for 10k-20k Cr that allows you to choose in addition to the normal galactic hyperdrive.
Or maybe having certain systems with direct wormholes to different Galaxies, so rather than a Super Gal-Drive it's a Gal-Drive with a note on the Long Range Map saying which planets have worm-holes to which galaxy.

On a related subject. Is it just me or have other people who jump from the system they buy Gal-Drives find they inevitably end up in Anarchies?

Captain Hesperus
"I find the key factor in being a successful pirate is not letting anyone know you're a pirate."
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
On a related subject. Is it just me or have other people who jump from the system they buy Gal-Drives find they inevitably end up in Anarchies?
Pure coincidence, when you jump galaxies, you arrive at the nearest planet to the same coordinates you jumped from.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"