Red Fury thing, lots of cash and no cargo space

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

GMWeezel
Average
Average

Red Fury thing, lots of cash and no cargo space

Post by GMWeezel »

All I remember is some guy offered me some furry red creature in a card board box and I thought I was BUYING it. THen I end up with 74,000 credits but only 2T of cargo space. Can someone tell what gives?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Not sure why you have ended up with all the Cash, but you've bought a trumbel. These little pests breed like mad and will eat your cargo. Eventually, you'll have no cargo space left as your hold will be full of the vermin leaving no space for cargo. Better exterminate the blighters. Rumour is they don't like the heat.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

My guess is that when you rejected the Trumble offer, you held down the Enter key without meaning to and inadvertently purchased a new ship! Hit 5 and have a look under your commander's name and it should say which type of ship you're in.
GMWeezel
Average
Average

Yep

Post by GMWeezel »

You're right got stuck with an adder.
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

Ah, that piece of junk :)

I'm not sure when depreciation starts to kick in, but maybe you can simply buy back your old ship from the same station. If not, and you don't want to restart, you could always use some of that surplus cash to pimp your Adder and try and make a living through bounty hunting/scooping. Tough in such a vulnerable craft with only 2Ts of space, but an impressive feat if you can :)

Or you could trade halfway back up to a Cobra Mk I.

Alternatively, there are some good bargains to be had if you've got this OXP installed:
http://oosat.alioth.net/node/14

*EDIT* For some reason, I misread what you typed earlier - sounds like you may have bought the Trumble as well. In which case, that was an unfortunate key press! I can vouch for LittleBear's rumour, though :)