Failed to create a container for cargo with role 'cargopod'

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Webbo
Harmless
Harmless

Failed to create a container for cargo with role 'cargopod'

Post by Webbo »

Hi there,
Firstly can I just say, fantastic work on Oolite. I'm a long time ArcElite fan and its great to see the game getting a facelift after all these years!

I've been playing the game quite a lot over the last few days (v1.65), and fiddling about with the shipdata.plist quite a bit as well. Today I started getting this error:

2006-08-04 14:01:08.328 oolite[9599] ***** ERROR couldn't find a container while trying to [PlayerEntity loadCargoPods] *****
2006-08-04 14:01:08.328 oolite[9599] ***** Handling Fatal : OoliteFatalException : [PlayerEntity loadCargoPods] failed to create a container for cargo with role 'cargopod' *****

Now, I've tried restoring my shipdata.plist back to the default and using a brand new save game and I still get this error.
It happens when I do the following:
- Start the game
- Buy some cargo (doesn't matter how much, or what it is)
- Launch from the station

An error is brought up in the main window, very similar to the one above, and the above output is displayed in the console (I'm running it on Linux/Ubuntu Dapper i686). The game then asks me to exit by hitting Escape or Q.
I honestly have no idea what is causing this bug, or whether its something I've done.

Any ideas?
My other ship is a Thargoid.