Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Purchased equipment and buying a new ship

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

djbully
Average
Average

Purchased equipment and buying a new ship

Post by djbully »

I am getting to the stage now where I am looking into getting another ship soon.... If I buy a new ship will I keep all the equipment upgrades I have bought so far?
The value of my ship does not seem to go up when I buy any equipment and you dont seem to be able to sell much of it. So I am assuming that you keep what you have ?

Thanks...

Bully 8)
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Re: Purchased equipment and buying a new ship

Post by aegidian »

djbully wrote:
I am getting to the stage now where I am looking into getting another ship soon.... If I buy a new ship will I keep all the equipment upgrades I have bought so far?
The value of my ship does not seem to go up when I buy any equipment and you dont seem to be able to sell much of it. So I am assuming that you keep what you have ?
Nope, the value of your ship does go up when you buy equipment but unfortunately it also depreciates with mileage. For best value, try to get an overhaul before you sell your ship.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
djbully
Average
Average

Post by djbully »

aegidian wrote:
Nope, the value of your ship does go up when you buy equipment but unfortunately it also depreciates with mileage. For best value, try to get an overhaul before you sell your ship.
OK, so I have not found anywhere that gives me this option does it need to be a high tech level or something?
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

djbully wrote:
aegidian wrote:
OK, so I have not found anywhere that gives me this option does it need to be a high tech level or something?
It only kicks in when your ship's resale value falls below 85% of its purchase value, so no need to worry yet. The quality of the maintenance varies according to the TL of the place you get it done, so it's sometimes worth making a few more jumps when you do begin to see it.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!