Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

RRS complex missions

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Aviator6
Poor
Poor

RRS complex missions

Post by Aviator6 »

I'm back playing Oolite after a 5 year exodus. I have the RRS Group OXP installed and have done several of the RRS missions, i.e. document deliveries, etc., but I have yet to see the recovery mission of a derelict ship. Is there a minimum commander rating(I'm currently Dangerous at 750 kills) in order to be offered these more complex missions? I enjoyed those missions when I previously played, but I'm sure that I had many more kills to my rating back then.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: RRS complex missions

Post by Cholmondely »

Aviator6 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:34 pm
I'm back playing Oolite after a 5 year exodus.
Welcome back! Did you have a previous avatar on this BB? What do you think of the changes to the game? And what changes would you wish to see?
Aviator6 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:34 pm
Is there a minimum commander rating in order to be offered these more complex missions?
[dumb-pilot mode] Can't help you there, sorry. If you have the skills you can try and peruse the entrails of the OXP for clues. Cim usually marks up his code so there are clues as to what is what[/dumb-pilot mode]

Otherwise, both cim (and phkb who played RRS a lot) drop in each week - so you could try "pm-ing" either of them in case they miss your post.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?