We are on Gamestar!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

We are on Gamestar!

Post by another_commander »

Check this out: https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/wie-gut ... 93150.html

For context, Gamestar is the biggest videogame publication in Germany. You can see the full article only if you submit to the paywall, but whatever is readable for free should convey the spirit of the article quite well (comments seem quite positive too).
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Re: We are on Gamestar!

Post by hiran »

another_commander wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:25 am
Check this out: https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/wie-gut ... 93150.html

For context, Gamestar is the biggest videogame publication in Germany. You can see the full article only if you submit to the paywall, but whatever is readable for free should convey the spirit of the article quite well (comments seem quite positive too).
I think it would not be a first time to be mentioned there. But somehow it is a coincidence that we get mentioned at a time when the homepage is gone, and that is not mentioned at all. Or should I have paid to read on?
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Indeed it is not the first time we get Gamestar's attention. Last time I remember was quite a few years ago; I instantly bought the magazine back then and I think I may still have it somewhere. We had a quarter (or maybe half, not sure) page article in a section talking about space games in general.

I don't know if the new article mentions any links anywhere, because you do have to pay to view the entirety of it, but somehow we got a disproportional amount of downloads yesterday, combined with an unusual number of stars-in-a-day on github coming from German users. This is what triggered my interest to try and find out what was going on. Despite our recent hardships, people still found their way in, which is great of course.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

another_commander wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:33 am
Last time I remember was quite a few years ago...
That would've been ten years ago, when the advent of ED/SC had prompted many to look back to Elite and its clones.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Cody wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:02 am
another_commander wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:33 am
Last time I remember was quite a few years ago...
That would've been ten years ago, when the advent of ED/SC had prompted many to look back to Elite and its clones.
For sure it was ten years ago. But it must have been inbetween as well, since even I recall there was an article on Gamestar and I have not joined the project ten years ago.

BTW, if you understand the language check out the comments below that article. The first question is for a multiplayer mode... :lol:

Edit: My bad. The most recent question (which may change over time) is for multiplayer mode...
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite