Revolutionary AstroFarms

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Revolutionary AstroFarms

Post by Cholmondely »

Does anybody know whatever happened to the original Astrofarms from Dictators.oxp?

1) Ramirez wrote this in 2006: An early idea I have are asteroid farms (for the agricultural states) and asteroid factories (for the industrial ones). Both would consist of an asteroid or boulder with a settlement placed on top of it, and a dock built into the side.

And he added in mid 2007: I still haven't got round to building the AstroFarms I was planning for the agricultural dictatorships

2) There are 3 posts from 2008 where several other people talk about them as being part of the .oxp.

3) The wiki text (Powers and Organisations: Dictatorship Worlds) says: Agricultural dictatorships fare less well in terms of productivity, and those that do succeed tend to rely on the lucrative trade of narcotics to compensate for the lack of industrialised farming methods.

One presumes that the Astrofarms are where one would buy the narcotics. This text predates 2008.

4) And the text listings of ASC letters under Advanced Space Compass in the wiki lists F as marking an "Imperial AstroFarm".

There seem to be no deleted pages for "Astrofarms" on our wiki.

Possible Answers.

The dome on the Astrofactory might be that for the farm. Did the Astrofarms lack the chimneys? Or was the same model used for each?

Original 2007 "Astrofactory" picture:Image

Possible Ways Forwards.

•Create a new "Revolutionary Astrofarm" by knocking off the chimneys and putting some greenery under the dome which can now be transparent, yes? And change the logo at the back of the docking bay. I think that a new logo for the generalissimos' juntas would be an idea!

Ensure appropriate market differences for Astrofactories and Astrofarms.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Revolutionary AstroFarms

Post by Switeck »

Instead of using the Astrofactory model, you could use the Biosphere (either earlier or later versions) or the Habitat mk2.

I consider the Biosphere to be the smaller and more reasonable of those 2.