expansion pack install failed - help

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

starmox
Average
Average

expansion pack install failed - help

Post by starmox »

Dear ooLite community,

I just have a fresh install of ooLite (1.9 Win10) and when trying to install Addons for Beginners, it reports a bunch of dependencies. The dependency install fails at some point and I don't know which dependency fails, etc... The Addons for beginners expansion shows as installed later but I cannot reinstall the dependencies.... It also fails to load due to a bunch of dependencies missing. I have a fresh downloaded list of expansions (18.7.22). Please help regarding this, what is the most elegant way to solve this.

edited:oolite addons folder is empty, all addons are at ManagedAddOns subfolder.

Thank You community !
starmox

p.s. solved, thank You!
Last edited by starmox on Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: expansion pack install failed - help

Post by Cody »

Welcome aboard, Commander! Hopefully, someone will be along shortly who can help (I'm just a dumb pilot, you see).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

It appears you have the "AddOns for Beginners" in your AddOns folder, as well as your ManagedAddOns. I'd probably start by removing the one in your AddOns folder first and see what that does.
starmox
Average
Average

Post by starmox »

@Cody: Thanks and Hello Commander Cody.

@phkb. Ah Yes it happened before I moved something there. Deleted and tried again to no avail. I also edited the original post to reflect this. Thanks btw. Download failed...
Cody

Post by Cody »

<scratches head> You could try downloading [EliteWiki] the OXP (and its dependencies) manually, and installing them all in your AddOns folder.
Not the solution you're after, I know, but they should all work fine - and it might lead to more helpful error messages in the log.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Most likely this is also not the answer you are looking for but try giving NORBY'S WIKI PAGE a look. The dependencies for his large OXZ/OXP packs are all listed there and you might be able to do a comparison to see what is missing. Tedious and time consuming, yes, but it might be the only way to be absolutely sure you have everything you need.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Could it be that one of the oxp downloads from Norby's meta-oxp's was changed in some way so that it is no longer recognised by the Expansions Manager and thus the failure to download it now results in the error messages? Is that what is going on?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:53 am
Could it be that one of the oxp downloads from Norby's meta-oxp's was changed in some way so that it is no longer recognised by the Expansions Manager and thus the failure to download it now results in the error messages?
Yes.

The problem was Ship Storage Helper. I did an update recently and didn't update the manager correctly. It should be fixed now. I've just tried downloading Norby's "Addons for Beginners" and it all seems to be going through correctly now.
starmox
Average
Average

Post by starmox »

@Cholmondely
@phkb

Thank You! Now it downloads and works flawlessly. I look forward to exploring this world.

p.s.
(maybe to implement in future versions in oolite to be more verbose in dependency install and be able to reinstall all dependencies of an addon with in-game addon manager?)