Sad times

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Sad times

Post by stranger »

Sad times. Russia as a part of humanity is gone. Painfully ashamed.
I don’t even know how to pretend that nothing happened and I can enjoy my favorite game.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Sad times

Post by Cody »

I've thought about you a few times lately, amigo! Harsh times - stay strong!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

stranger wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:02 pm
Sad times. Russia as a part of humanity is gone. Painfully ashamed.
I don’t even know how to pretend that nothing happened and I can enjoy my favorite game.
Sympathy all round to those affected. Hard to imagine for how many normal people these are shitty times. Difficult to know what to say..
Hoping things somehow soon improve.
I was young, I was naïve. [EliteWiki] Jonny Cuba made me do it!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

stranger wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:02 pm
Sad times. Russia as a part of humanity is gone...
Russia as a part of humanity has very definitely not gone. The motherland of Tchaikovsky, Rimsky Korsakov and Lyadov. The home of Dostoevsky, Pushkin, Tolstoy and Bulgakov. The physicists and chemists. The deep thinking (as mildly evinced by your own essays on Oolite). You certainly need not worry on that score.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

Thanks for support, friends.
Hope we'll recover.
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

You have already proven that the humanity has not completely gone out of the Russian people by simply speaking up. It is those at the top and those that support the insanity that the top has created that have lost their humanity. Those of us on the other side of this tragedy still believe in the humanity that lies within the majority of the Russian people. All one can do is to hope that somehow that majority will, one day, come out on top once again. Be at peace with the knowledge that you are in the right even though darkness may be all around you. The day will come when the light shines once again. Until then stay strong and safe.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

Nite Owl wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:40 am
You have already proven that the humanity has not completely gone out of the Russian people by simply speaking up. It is those at the top and those that support the insanity that the top has created that have lost their humanity. Those of us on the other side of this tragedy still believe in the humanity that lies within the majority of the Russian people. All one can do is to hope that somehow that majority will, one day, come out on top once again. Be at peace with the knowledge that you are in the right even though darkness may be all around you. The day will come when the light shines once again. Until then stay strong and safe.
Well said.
I was young, I was naïve. [EliteWiki] Jonny Cuba made me do it!
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Killer Wolf wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:50 pm
Ummm... does any of it mean anything?

And, Killer Wolf, is there any chance you (or Murgh) could give cbr a couple of pointers as to how to manage the transmogrification of an asteroid into a dockable? He's yet to find anything useful around the wiki/BB...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

i actually did a dockable asteroid, the hacker outpost and salvage gang that was incorporated into the Anarchies OXP according to a search. you could fly inside it and then into the docking bay itself so you could probably reverse engineer that if needed. i did a post about docks on page 2 of the "things i wish i knew.." thread, beyond that things like the Hathor also have docking tunnels that might help.