A Pirate's Life For Me...

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

A Pirate's Life For Me...

Post by CWolf »

I was thinking about the Fugitive status the other day.

What we need is for it to really mean something, maybe have it so that as a fugitive you can only dock with Rock Hermits and not stations? Make it so that the station tractor beams repel you.

Obviously this means you would rely a lot more on sun skimming for fuel but that's what you accept for stepping outside the law.

This sort of adaption should not be too hard to impliment...
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Think stations do refuse permission to dock if you are furgetive. Although you can still dock manually.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

Exactly, really they should close the blast doors on you. Or clamp you in if you do get inside.
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I have had the message "You are fined X credits and made to pick up litter in the hanger" when I've manually docked as a fugertive. Police ships still take pot shots at you whilst trying to dock.

True Commuity Punishment may be a tad leinient for piracy and mass-murder, but the authorities do take action!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
jonnycuba
Deadly
Deadly

Post by jonnycuba »

LittleBear wrote:
True Commuity Punishment may be a tad leinient for piracy and mass-murder, but the authorities do take action!
That is hilarious, I can see in my minds eye 'Chromebeard' Galactic pirate extrordinaire standing next to a spotty 'yoof' picking up junk food cartons & Trumble fluff moaning about the state of the galaxy.
Team Zorg are Go!